Manager,Access Operations Management
Duke Health Access Services Manager-Access Operations Management
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of the Access Centers to optimize performance in order to provide the best patient experience. This is accomplished by monitoring real-time performance reporting and making changes as needed, working with Service Access Managers to optimize work force management, review non-phone related expectations such as referral work queues, scheduling inquiries and in basket messages, and address and technical issues or concerns.
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of any outsourced work to insure that those resources are utilized in an optimal way to meet performance expectations. This is accomplished by monitoring real-time performance and working with the vendor to implement changes as needed, develop and share key performance indicators aligned with contractual arrangements and make recommendations on expanding or decreasing support.
- Monitor performance in order to achieve certain goals and expectations. This would include, but Is not limited to abandonment rate, staff not ready times, adherence, questionnaire utilization and call quality.
- Oversee recruitment and on boarding efforts of the access centers to insure timely replacement of staff and that the appropriate training and support is provided.
- Perform Human Resources related tasks associated with such things as insuring attendance and FMLA are being tracked appropriately, review and participate as needed in corrective action, administer performance evaluation sand monitor payroll approvals.
- Meet routinely with the clinical departments and divisions to address any concerns/issues and understand their expectations. In addition, utilize the opportunity to represent the needs of the access centers.
- Represent the department’s function and needs in interdisciplinary team meetings around workflow and technology.
- Develop the department’s operational policies, procedures, standards and expectations based on the entities balanced scorecard targets.
- Responsible for living the values of DUHS and DHAS to promote a strong work culture. This is accomplished by being the example, participating in work culture meetings and events, and proactive rounding with direct reports and staff.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Develop Budget Recommendations
- Prepare budget requests & written narratives
- Review expenses against budget
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills to identify problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills to interact with a variety of personalities at all levels, exercising tact, sound judgment, diplomacy, and flexibility to promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness.
- Ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment, and the acumen and sensitivity to identify matters that require higher-level management consultation and/or group collaboration.
- Ability to gain the confidence of clinical and administrative colleagues, faculty and staff.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
Requisition Number: 401512399
Duke Entity: HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code: 5565 MANAGER, DUKE HEALTH ACCESS SERVICES
Job Family Level: G2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Bachelor's degree in business or related field is required.
Master's degree preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Five years of experience in healthcare or other applicable experience directly related to the department is required.
Six years of experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
Auto req: ID106346BR