Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
The Duke Transfer Center at Duke University Hospital seeking a qualified nurse. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time. Ideal applicants would have excellent computer and phone skills and be able to communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
Work Hours & Shifts:
7p – 7a (3 – 12 hour shifts)
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement
With thousands of requests handled per year, the Duke Health Transfer Center is the patient and provider link to world-renown patient and family centered care. With strengths of teamwork, inter-disciplinary communication and collaboration, the Transfer Center offers a dynamic environment for ongoing development of the experienced Registered Nurse. Our dedicated team provides 24/7 coverage to support the transfer needs of patients while networking with our internal and external customers.
The ideal Transfer Center team member would have experience in the critical or emergency care setting and an understanding of how to navigate complex medical systems with a focus on patient centered care. Engagement with providers from across the world requires an understanding of diverse patient populations which include medicine, general & specialty surgical services, neurology/neurosurgery, oncology, gynecology, urology, orthopedics and more for patients from birth through geriatrics. Current opportunities allow for flexible scheduling options to meet the needs of the department.
- Systematic processing of patient acuity and expert level of clinical decision making.
- Ability to sort through all patient information and formulate an accurate picture of the patient and his/her condition for the Duke MD's and nurses. Resource allocation
- Collaborate with PRMO to ensure that the patient's insurance is accurate and viable. (Red Flag patients that need Medicaid or other assistance.)
- Provide a team approach to Trauma care - Emergency Department M.D.'s, ER R.N.'s, Communications, Trauma surgeon, and Life-Flight team.
- Coordinate with Bed Control and Communications for timely transfer and appropriate bed assignment.
- Consultant for Duke and referring physicians, NP's, PA's and families and other departments.
- Decision maker for primary referral sources and self payers in Duke's primary referral network.
- Decision maker for transport/triage patients.
- Provide call critical care triages to the ICU's.
- Provide after hours Medical records request and retrieval.
- Conduct insurance screenings after hours.
- Enter patient data in IDS, Wellsoft, DHIS, and Transfer Center Lotus software for data collection and statistical analysis.
- Provide on-line status reports through AOL with Bed Control, Transfer Center, and Communications.
- Provide morning conference call reports with satellite Clinical Operations Directors and Senior Leadership.
If you are interested in joining this dynamic team, please apply. We would love to talk more with you and discover how you can help us provide exceptional patient & family centered care.
Requisition Number 401511274
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4237 CLINICAL NURSE, TRANSFER CTR
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Three years of critical care or step down nursing experience required
- Knowledge of Duke Health System hospitals and patient care units preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or higher is required.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Duke University Hospital Profile
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area. In fiscal year 2016, Duke University Hospital admitted 41,408 patients and had 1,119,151 outpatient visits. U.S News & World Report named Duke University Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in 2016-17. Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20 nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology.
Auto req ID