Marketing Communications Associate
Who We Are
The Stanford University Graduate School of Education (GSE) is a top-ranked school of education, known for its prestigious faculty, rigorous graduate degree programs, and its impact on the quality of education across the world. The GSE is committed to developing leaders in education research, practice and policy. Our community includes over 60 faculty, 400 students, 200 staff, 8,000 alumni and countless people from the local and global communities we work with and impact. The work environment is dynamic, deadline-driven, fast-paced, and energetic.
The GSE Dean's Office of Communications creates editorial content to disseminate faculty and student research broadly; assists with student, alumni, community and donor outreach and engagement; supports program, professional learning and event marketing; and ensures alignment with brand position and framework. We coordinate communications across digital and print platforms. Our goals are to foster increased awareness and support of the GSE mission, vision and impact and help create a welcoming community through inclusive communications.
What You’ll Do:
The Marketing Communications Specialist, under the direction of the Chief Communications Officer, will help improve the GSE's outreach and engagement with key communities, including prospective and current students, alumni, donors and professional learners. This position will drive the development and execution of strategic multi-channel marketing campaigns for GSE Admissions, Alumni Relations, Communications and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and will create and manage communications vehicles that assist in engagement, audience growth and outreach. The ideal candidate will have experience in higher education, be an excellent communicator and collaborator and be open to experimenting with new approaches and innovation.
Core duties will include:
- Recommend and execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Manage marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Implement integrated marketing communications and brand strategy, across a variety of channels (i.e., digital and print).
- Oversee design and production of marketing materials from inception to deployment.
- Conduct market research, including competitive benchmarking, and analyze campaign/program/ service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend marketing improvements based on findings.
- Plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendors/consultants on specific projects.
- Manage project/program budget(s) and coordinate invoice processing.
- May oversee interns and other contingent staff; provide staff training.
Job Family: Marketing
Job Series: Marketing Specialist 2
Job Code: 4893
Grade: I; Exempt
(Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description)
What You’ll Bring:
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and energetic, and a creative problem solver. This job requires working with all levels of our constituents, so it is important that you can demonstrate professional decorum as well as an ability to communicate and build relationships across broad audiences. A good sense of humor is appreciated (where appropriate) and a strong, dedicated work ethic is a must. Some additional requirements include:
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects with competing priorities, meet deadlines and project plans with short- and long-term end dates.
- Previous experience in communications and marketing.
- Ability to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal.
- Understands how to implement integrated marketing programs across channels including digital and print.
- Experience with market research and data analysis.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, you must submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
- Finalist must successfully complete a background check prior to working at Stanford University.
- Applicants to this position must be available to work in the United States without sponsorship for 2 years or more. OPT permit holders should confirm that they are eligible to work in the US at the Stanford GSE for two years or more.
- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.