Senior Administrative Assistant
The new Center for Methods of Implementation and Prevention Science (CMIPS) at Yale University, housed at the School of Public Health, focuses on the theory and practice of implementation science in global public health. CMIPS will both lead the development of cutting edge methods for such research as well as serve as a platform for original substantive projects addressing the most pressing public health issues of the day.
Under the direct supervision of the Center Coordinator, the Senior Administrative Assistant will provide high quality administrative assistance in a fast-paced environment. Such support includes managing complex calendars and scheduling meetings, responding to and filing email, formatting manuscripts and presentations for public dissemination. This position will coordinate special functions for the Center (e.g., seminars, faculty searches, special presentations) by planning and organizing to ensure all details are handled in advance, and managing events so that functions run smoothly. In addition, this position will handle office supply orders, processing of business expense reimbursements, check requests, reimbursement and invoices . The position will be responsible for travel arrangements, including clearly communicating the details of the travel plans, and following up to ensure that reimbursements are accurate and timely. This position assists The Center Coordinator in the collection and assembly of materials for annual progress reports and grant proposals, and performs other administrative functions as needed in support of CMIPS programs and special initiatives.
- Oversees and coordinates administrative, program, and office activities. Establishes, selects, implements, and coordinates office procedures and systems. Serves as principal source of information to students, staff, and faculty on policies, procedures, programs, and office activities.
- Oversees, instructs, and coordinates activities of support staff. Oversees the preparation of materials for grants, contracts and budgets. Monitors expenditures and reconciles financial statements.
- Provides editorial support for a journal/publication. Proofreads and edits material for grammatical and factual accuracy. Tracks copy through various editing and production stages. Communicates with authors, printers, and others concerned with published work.
- Determines administrative, facility, and equipment needs for symposia, lectures, seminars, and conferences. Assembles and arranges for necessary items. Determines sources of data. Compiles, synthesizes and manipulates data. Summarizes findings and writes reports or portions of reports.
- Greets visitors. Answers and screens telephone calls. Assesses nature of business. Responds to requests for information and provides assistance. Screens and responds to mail.
- Formats, keyboard, proofread, and edits correspondence, reports, manuscripts, grants, and other material. Assembles attachments and corresponding material. Reviews outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures. Composes substantive correspondence and written material.
- Coordinates travel arrangements. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments. Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. Takes minutes or dictation. Performs additional functions incidental to office activities.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Proven proficiency in an administrative support role. Exemplary organizational skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proven intermediate skills with Word and Outlook. Basic familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Proven proficiency coordinating travel, meetings and events, complex calendars for supervisor/manager. Demonstrated ability handling expense reimbursements.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Masters Degree, Public Health. Experience with Workday and other University programs. Familiar with grants. Experience with formatting and updating biosketches.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.
Yale University is a tobacco-free campus