Perform routine laboratory tests, and a variety of research, data, and clerical duties of a routine and technical nature to support the conduct of clinical research under the supervision of a Clinical Trials Project Leader inthe CTSI Translational Population Research office in Kannapolis, NC. Participate in day-to-day operations related to the collection, compilation, and documentation of clinical research data.
- Be able to work in a busy research laboratory environment in close collaboration with a medical technologist to collect, prepare, process, ship, and maintain inventory of research specimens and train others in these tasks. Follow study manual of operations for all processing procedures. Complete required lab documentation.
- Coordinate maintenance service for lab equipment.
- Restock lab supplies and materials as required.
- Candidates proficient in phlebotomy preferred, especially those with experience drawing large volumes of blood. Assist with maintenance of study level documentation.
- Prepare for study monitoring or study audit visits. Perform chemical, microscopic, bacteriologic and other medical laboratory tests and examinations to obtain data under supervision of medical technologist; record determinations and results for review by physician or research staff.
- Set up equipment, instruments and apparatus required for specific laboratory tests.
- Operate manual and automatic laboratory equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens under the supervision of a medical technologist.
- Obtain specimens from patients as required using established techniques.
- Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions.
- Prepare slides for microscopic analysis as required.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment for performance of duties; clean and maintain standard laboratory equipment.
- Prepare, ship and track laboratory packages shipped to various vendors and respond to queries from lab venders.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein including interacting with study participants to recruit and collect study data.
A candidate who has experience processing a variety of difference bio specimens and in large quantities is preferred including, but not limited to: serum, plasma, PBMC isolation preparation, swabs (buccal,retroauricular, nares and oral), saliva, tears and urine. Candidate must be able to work in a busy research environment and must be extremely detail oriented with ability to multitask. Candidate must have a high interest in working with a team and welcome flexibility and change in a working environment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401511430
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 458 MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (NON-CERT)
Job Family Level 79
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an educational background generally equivalent to a highschool education.
Work requires 2 years of general laboratory experience or 2 years ofcollege course work in the biological or physical sciences.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID