Patient Account Associate
This position is responsible for analyzing, reconciling, documenting and reporting cash and non-cash transactions in a timely manner in accordance with established guidelines and controls, maintaining logs for monitoring transaction detail and answering inquiries regarding records. This is a high-performance position, which records and generates a variety of information related to the revenue cycle, thus requiring accuracy and knowledge of complex rules and corresponding ability to apply these rules in the work environment to achieve the desired results.
- Prepare batch control forms for all un-applied cash transactions* which correctly identify the bank, depositing entity, deposit amount , payment amount, adjustment amount and type of batch
- Monitor batch control forms for accountability and reporting
- Track electronic remittances and match with bank deposits and EOB’s via Hyland OnBase
- Enter and balance bank deposits to subledger postings on the Un-applied Cash Model
- Create Excel spreadsheets inclusive of calculations/formulas
- Run and manipulate reports into Excel spreadsheets
- Process bank card requests, authorize bank card transactions and post to patient accounts as required
- Provide technical support in regards to bank related activities
- Sort and review non payments detail for batching and routing to the appropriate team for resolution
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
- Provide assistance on special projects relating to cash management functions
- Post payments and Identify Contractual/Administrative Adjustments to ensure proper account resolution
- Performs follow-up with insurance payers via phone, email or website to resolve cash management issues
- Work Cash Management work queues to ensure timely response for resolution and provide input on trends.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding cash management, as appropriate.
- Experience in Excel preferred
- Cash transactions are defined as bank debits, credits and adjustments, bankcard transactions, general ledger transfers, inter-company transfers, NSF/stopped items, electronic files.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Technology –
- PC – Intermediate
- Excel – Intermediate
- Word – Intermediate
- Hyland Onbase - Intermediate
- Data entry
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Good written communication skills
- Good team skills
- Excellent analytical/accounting/statistical reporting skills
- Must be able to develop and maintain professional, service-oriented working relationships with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors
- Must be able to understand and comply with policies and procedures
- Must be able to perform multiple projects/tasks and work independently
- Critical thinker and quickly comprehend new concepts
Requisition Number: 401510453
Duke Entity: PRMO
Job Code: 4501 PATIENT ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level: C1
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas,an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
- Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally required through a high school education, with some post secondary education preferred.Additional training or working knowledge of related business
- Two years experience working in hospital access, physician office or billing and collections or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req : D106177BR