This position is primarily providing administrative support for up to three Neurosurgery Providers.
- Coordinate appointment requests and referrals received via telephone, email, Duke ReferralCenter, electronic medical record and fax.
- Identify correct patients in Maestro Care. Verify / update patient demographic and insurance data as needed.
- Run RTE (Real Time Eligibility) for new patients.
- Schedule patients according to scheduling guidelines; patient and provider preferences.
- Correct provider, correct visit type in the correct slot; utilizing questionnaires as appropriate.
- Remind patients of co pay/deductible and balance payment expectations.
- Refer patients with financial questions to the Financial Care Counselor.
- Coordinate all labs/procedures in accordance by physician /provider request.
- Ensure all tests and consultations are scheduled in the correct sequence. Explain test preparations to patients, according to standard practice instructions.
- Coordinate meetings/calendar maintenance/scheduling/travel.
- Complete transcription, documentation preparation, editing and revising.
- Assist with coordination of onboarding of new faculty and Liaison to other entities (lab members, Duke departments, consulting agents, internal and external collaborators, media, committees, and organizations).
- Processing accounts payable checks and reimbursements.
- Reconcile corporate card.
- Order office supplies for the office.
- Maintain Provider memberships, certifications, etc.
- Update CV, Scholars@Duke, and other Duke listings as needed.
- Maintain Provider CME credits.
- Coordinate special events as needed (lunches, dinners, special meetings)
- Microsoft Office experience required.
Requisition Number 401511952
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 148 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Auto req ID