Participate in a variety of specialized technical activities to include analyzing digitized ECG tapes and generating quantitative arrhythmia reports. Participate in a variety of patient care activities to include monitor application and patient instruction.
- Analyze digitized information from pre-recorded ambulatory ECG tapes using specialized software.
- Conduct stress exercise testing, assist with stress echoes and nuclear stress studies.
- Edit information and generate quantitative arrhythmia reports for physician review.
- Apply and remove holter monitors to both in-patients and out-patients;explain procedures including, but not limited to, equipment usage, the patients responsibility for keeping a diary/record and the use of even monitors and data transmittal as needed.
- Clean equipment and perform preventative maintenance after each use; to include troubleshooting, reviewing leads, and isolating technical problems with recorders.
- Schedule patient procedures and maintain logging and schedule system as needed.
- Participate in research projects involving treadmills or holters as requested.
- Set up patient room and maintain stock area for procedures including linens, electrodes, and cassette tapes; order supplies as necessary.
- Maintain database to archive diagnostic tapes; perform routine backup to computer network as required.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401512378
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4016 CARDIOLOGY TECHNICIAN
Job Family Level D2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires completion of an Associate’s degree in Health Science or any Allied Health field
Work generally requires one year of experience in a related health care setting OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID