Research Associate 2, HSS
The person in this position will be responsible for the daily conduct of a laboratory focused on the study of voice-hearing in clinical and non-clinical contexts. This will require daily contact with research participants, including patients with psychosis, as well as more technically-oriented activities, such as interfacing directly with MATLAB and other technical software, behavioral and imaging data acquisition, data analysis, and composition and editing of research protocols and manuscripts. Clinical evaluations will also be required, and any candidate will need to have training specifically in evaluation of individuals at Clinical High Risk of psychosis and experience working with people with lived experience of psychotic symptoms, specifically hallucinations in addition to consistent involvement in human-subjects research.
1. Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol. Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by Yale University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
2. Develops criteria for admission of study subjects based on goals and objectives of project.
3. Determines potential sources of funding and prospective partnerships.
4. Evaluates feasibility of accepting potential projects through analysis of staffing needs, resource requirements, financial costs, and current planned capacity of group. Negotiates contracts and/or changes with funder.
5. Develops original HIC/IRB submissions. Based on knowledge of science and research goals, collaborates with PIs on major revisions and contributes to scientific protocols. Plans and implements changes.
6. Develops forms, questionnaires and the application of research techniques; writes procedures manuals for data collection and coding.
7. Responsible for the documentation and transmission of study data. Ensures that report forms are accurately documented and completed in a timely manner at each site location.
8. Works independently to develop manage and organize multi site studies. Serves as primary coordinator between University, non-Yale collaborators, pharmaceutical companies, HIC, IRB and funding sources.
9. Performs descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.
10. Designs and implements quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
11. Contributes in-depth, original thought and relevance to written reports and to the writing of abstracts and manuscripts.
Required Education and Experience
Master’s Degree in a related discipline and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability in human subjects research.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability with clinical and non-clinical voice-hearing populations.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Certification in the Structured Interview for Psychosis-Risk Syndromes (SIPS).
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.