Scientific Integrity Associate
In a very service oriented approach, work with laboratories and cores within Duke University to ensure effective data management practices are in place. Coordinate with other School offices around any core management issues identified. Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate training and support services around scientific integrity.
- Identify cores, conduct interviews to understand the various details of the cores, assess data management practices, assist in enhancing plans where needs are identified. Coordinate with other offices as appropriate regarding core management and accounting issues.
- Evaluate department and institute Science Culture and Accountability Plans which define data management practices and lab processes for critical review and transparency of scientific data, assist in enhancing plans where needs are identified.
- Evaluate laboratory Standard Operating Procedures for data management and provide assistance to labs that require assistance to meet institutional standards for data management and study design.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training and support services around scientific integrity and data management.
- Assist in the implementation of tools that support scientific integrity and data management practices.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Requisition Number: 401512422
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 1338 SCIENTIFIC INTEGRITY ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level: 12
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor of science, preferably one that is strong in the management of large amounts of data. Advanced degree preferred.
Requires five years of experience preferably in a laboratory research environment.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex scientific grants and data management plans
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively interact with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing tasks and doing multiple tasks in the same time frame.
Auto req :ID106343BR