Duke University Health System- Duke University Hospital - seeks to hire Surgical Technologists who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together.
Seeking to fill Surgical Technologist positions with:
- Duke University Hospital Cardiothoracic
- Duke University Hospital General Surgery
- Duke University Hospital Eye Center
- Orthopedic and Neurosurgery
Work Hours & Shifts:
- Duke Operating Room:
- Full-Time Four 10 hour Day Shifts
- Occasional Evenings and Weekends as Needed
Duke University Hospital is comprised of three surgical sites; Duke Hospital, which is a 24-hour, 7 day a week, Level 1 Trauma Center with 35 Operating Rooms connected to the Duke Medicine Pavilion (DMP) with 18 operating rooms. Additionally, we have an Ambulatory Surgery Center with 9 operating rooms and Eye Center with 6 operating rooms.
Duke North /DMP Surgical Services includes eight specialties offering new and exciting opportunities in both adult and pediatrics using the latest technological advancements including two intraoperative MRI suites and two intraoperative CT suites.
- Average Daily Census 783
- Surgical Cases 40, 055
- Endoscopy Cases 20,000
- Cath Cases 7, 500
- 500 + Life Flight transports per year
Surgical Technologists (ST) are allied health professionals who assist in the preparation and care of surgical patients ranging from infancy to geriatrics under the general direction of a professional nurse. The ST possesses expertise in the theory and application of sterile aseptic technique and combines the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a surgeon’s performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
The ST who has a dual function in the operating room and the ambulatory setting demonstrates competency in the care of surgical patients preoperatively and postoperatively in the ambulatory surgical clinic setting.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Ability to adapt to changes within unit.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure in a stressful environment, and often without relief.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of anatomy relating to the surgical procedure and the instrumentation required in order to effectively anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
- Ability to set priorities and respond appropriately to actual and/or potential life threatening situations
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program or the successful completion of the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)certification exam.
- Level I- Entry level position for new graduates of Surgical Technology program or Surgical Technologists with 0 to 18 months experience.
- Level II- Requires 6 to 12 months of full-time equivalent SurgicalTechnology experience.
Requisition Number 401510635
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4156 SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST
Job Family Level D1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program or the successful completion of the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) certification exam.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID