Senior Business Development/Commercialisation Manager, Humanities and Social Science
- Delivering Engagement and Impact from Research Excellence in Humanities and Social Science
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Support and enable UNSW research and commercialisation goals
The UNSW Division of Enterprise has responsibility for Knowledge Exchange: delivering Social Progress and Economic Prosperity from Research and Education Excellence, as part of the University’s 2025 Strategy.
The Division will significantly increase the University’s knowledge exchange revenue over the next five years through broad partnership with research organisations, industry and government and help transform Australia's economic base.
About the role
The Senior BDM will lead and manage a small team of sector-focused Business Development Managers and will focus on identifying new end-user partners and opportunities for UNSW innovative capabilities in research and education. They will leverage UNSW capability to build relationships with external end-user partners including industry, government and communities to generate revenue across all knowledge exchange channels. These include research partnerships (contract and collaborative) and IP commercialisation (as appropriate), as well as consulting and continuing education.
As an expert in one or more disciplines within the broader Humanities and Social Sciences, the Senior Business Development Manager will operate as the key person between the University and external partners and will drive complex negotiations to ensure we achieve our ambitious 2025 strategy and revenue goals.
Relevant UNSW disciplines include:
- Art and Design
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Built Environment
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (preferably post-graduate)
- Significant relevant experience in one or more disciplines within the broader Humanities and Social Sciences aligned with the University’s research strategy
- Demonstrated leadership experience in business development/ stakeholder management at a senior leadership level
- Strong experience leading and motivating a team of professionals to deliver key performance indicators
- Proactive and motivated with a demonstrated ability to generate commercially beneficial networks and channels
- Outstanding track record of achievement in closing business deals including research partnerships (contract, collaborative, consulting) and IP commercialisation (licences, spinouts/start-ups, Intellectual Property).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training and capability development to a research and/or academic community
- Strong ability to influence senior management and stakeholders and build long lasting relationships
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use sound judgment in resolving issues as they arise
Your relationship and stakeholder management skills coupled with your ability to execute strategy on time and generate significant revenue will complement our team to achieve our 2025 strategy.
To apply: Please visit jobs@unsw to submit your cv and cover letter (addressing selection criteria).
Applications close: Monday 12 November 2018 at 10 am.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
t: 02 9385 2401
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.