Associate Lecturer or Lecturer in Financial Planning
5 days left
- Full Time
At the University of Newcastle, our staff are curious. We think big, see opportunity and are open to ideas and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. And we're courageous - bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change.
The University has an international reputation for research excellence and we continue to build on our research strengths, engagement with industry and partnering with outstanding international universities.
Newcastle Business School is the larger of 2 schools within the Faculty of Business and Law. The School teaches offshore and in Sydney, Newcastle City, Online and Ourimbah.
Is NEW for you?
The Associate Lecturer/Lecturer contributes to the delivery of the University’s Strategic Plan in the field of Business as a key member of the School providing excellence in Research and Innovation, Teaching and Learning, and Service and Engagement.
This role is full time ongoing.
What will you do?
The Associate Lecturer /Lecturer combines sound academic research expertise with teaching experience, is expected to be a course coordinator, and is gaining recognition for their contribution to research, teaching, and postgraduate supervision, and is contributing to community engagement.
At Level B:
- A PhD in financial planning or a related area (applicants who have submitted their PhD thesis may also be considered).
- Ability to deliver quality research outputs at a national level.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, delivery and review of courses and degree programs including the incorporation of contemporary research methods, digital learning platforms, and interdisciplinary approaches.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to participate in a team environment.
At Level A:
- Master’s degree in financial planning, finance, accounting or in a related field.
- Significant industry experience in the field of financial planning
- Willingness to undertake a PhD in financial planning
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to participate in a team environment
For a full job description visit:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
What NEW can offer?
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at:
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The remuneration for Level A is from $66,748 to $90,582 pa + 17% super and is commensurate with experience.
The remuneration for Level B is from $95,351 to $113,231 + 17% super and is commensurate with experience.
Your Next Steps
Click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application will be assessed on selection criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required. In addition:
- Follow all directions and complete all necessary fields of the application; and
- In your selection criteria demonstrate clearly how your skills and experience meet each point and should be a maximum of four pages.
Closing Date: Friday 23 November 2018