Principal, School of Veterinary Medicine
- 5 year fixed term, full time position
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered to the successful candidate
- Ref: 0263J03/202113
Find your passion at Murdoch and join us at an exciting time!
The Murdoch University School of Veterinary Medicine has a commitment to veterinary education, providing an environment that gives students training in a wide variety of domestic species and wildlife. The program supports the development of skills in written and oral communication, information literacy, analysis of research findings, problem solving and teamwork.
We are seeking to appoint an individual with strong organisational and leadership skills to take on the role of Principal of the School of Veterinary Medicine.
Reporting through to the Pro Vice Chancellor of one of Murdoch University’s two new Colleges, the Principal is responsible for the professional, ethical and academic affairs of the School of Veterinary Medicine. The Principal, who is a veterinarian, will provide academic leadership for the veterinary science program at Murdoch University, with primary responsibility for its organisation, staff, students, research and teaching activities, and the delivery and resourcing of the curriculum.
The preferred candidate will be a strategically focused Veterinarian and leader and will have:
- experience in high-level academic leadership including a record of building successful teams and driving performance in a large, complex organisational environment.
- demonstrated success in producing high quality independent research outputs, including high impact publications with international influence.
- extensive experience in teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as experience in the development and application of contemporary approaches to curriculum design and pedagogy, including leading and designing programs of study.
Candidates should refer to the Candidate Brief for further requirements of this role.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There’s never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Guide for Applicants and Position Description. Here you will also find the online form to submit your application. Please note that emailed applications will not be accepted.
If you have any further queries about the position, please contact Nina Graziano, Recruitment Team Leader on +61 8 9360 6138 or via email email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 30 November 2018 (11:59pm)