Lecturer in Clinical Psychology
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences
- CQUniversity Rockhampton (Full relocation entitlements apply to this appointment)
- Total Remuneration $114,025 to $135,411 pa (inclusive of 17% superannuation and 12.96% leave loading)
Kick-start your academic career in the truly liveable city of Rockhampton, the heart of Central Queensland! Only a short drive away from beachside communities Yeppoon and Emu Park, Rockhampton is the perfect place to further establish your career and build a life.
Your New Department:
The Department of Psychology and Public Health promotes an evidence based focus to the examination, understanding and enhancement of health and wellbeing within individuals, groups, organisations and communities. The Department is comprised of a team of diverse and innovative academics who are world class researchers and who are deeply engaged with the communities in which they live and work. Our undergraduate and postgraduate course offerings include accredited studies in psychology, clinical psychology and environmental health, and qualifications across a wide range of applied disciplines including positive psychology, applied forensic psychology, health promotion, and traumatic stress management.
Your New Role:
- Preparing and delivering lecturers and seminars, and conducting tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, student field excursions, clinical/studio sessions, workshops, and/or residential schools.
- Acting as a unit coordinator through the regular initiation and development of unit material with appropriate advice from and support of more senior staff.
You Will Be:
- A passionate, self-motivated professional who communicates well and creates an environment that encourages open dialogue and flow of ideas among students and staff.
- A continuous improver who challenges existing approaches and practices and takes responsibility for results.
You Will Have:
- A Masters or Doctoral level qualification in Clinical Psychology, a teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching / Education, eligibility for registration with AHPRA as a registered psychologist at the provisional or general level, and eligibility for AHPRA endorsement in Clinical Psychology or eligibility for an AHPRA approved training pathway to endorsement in Clinical Psychology.
- Ability to successfully teach and supervise undergraduate and postgraduate University students using flexible and/or online delivery modes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and highly effective interpersonal skills enabling the development of effective working relationships between students and staff.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32767
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Thursday, 22 November 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.