Research Fellow in Precision Healthcare
6 days left
- Full Time
- Salary Package: From $101,877 to $120,537 p.a., (Level B) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full time, fixed term position for 24 months.
- Leafy, North Ryde location, new 'state of the art' facilities
We are seeking an enthusiastic researcher to participate in a major new research program in Medical Artificial Intelligence and Precision Healthcare. The aim of this program is to research, develop and evaluate a new generation of artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to support both clinicians and consumers in making personalised decisions about their care, based on phenotype data in electronic health records.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of highly experienced and internationally recognised senior researchers at the Centre for Health Informatics to:
- identify and evaluate potential high value use cases for precision healthcare in clinical and consumer settings
- contribute to the architecture and engineering of precision healthcare systems
- develop and evaluate system prototypes
You will bring your specific expertise in Precision Medicine and AI into a multidisciplinary team and help guide that team to develop real-world systems. We are looking both for academic rigour and outputs, as well as pragmatic engineering and problem solving. You will also be an excellent communicator, enjoy working in a team and will have the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
The Centre for Health Informatics (CHI) is one of three research centres in the Australian Institute of Health Innovation (AIHI). Founded in 1999, CHI is the longest-running digital health research centre in Australia. CHI is a research partner to major healthcare providers, research institutions and governments, and has national and international industry partnerships. The Centre generates high-impact research and works with many large Australian and international Electronic Health Record datasets and have expertise in the development and implementation of state-of-the-art AI methods
As a part of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, AIHI’s research centres work in the separate but related areas of clinical governance, implementation science, health informatics, health services and health systems and safety.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
- Provide a cover letter addressing the selection criteria below along with their resume as part of the application process.
- PhD in Health or Medical Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related field.
- Strong background in the application of machine discovery methods to clinical data sets including electronic health records.
- Experience working with large-scale health data, data linkage, and ethical responsibilities for storage and analysis.
- A track record of publications in the highest quality domestic and international journals.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to the academic life and administrative tasks of the Centre with a track record of effective team work.
- Willingness to contribute to the administration of the Centre and Faculty.
- Experience in the development of ongoing partnerships with industry and/or professional bodies.
- Experience in real-world testing of precision medicine solutions.
Specific Role Enquiries: Prof. Enrico Coiera, Centre for Health Informatics, Australian Institute of Health Innovation at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic, email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 25 November 2018 at 11:55 pm (AEDT)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Sydney