Program Manager in Human Vaccine Institute
The Program Manager position will be responsible for managing programmatic and administrative aspects of grants/contracts and research programs within the Duke Human Vaccine Institute (DHVI). The position will be a support resource for teams at the DHVI to ensure successful programmatic support and will report to the Associate Director of Program Management.
- Manage and maintain the clinical and specimen data for all large human cohorts within the DHVI repository including, but not limited to, the CHAVI clinical studies, HVTN clinical studies, and relevant collaborative clinical studies in which DHVI participates. Manage the DHVI Specimen Repository, communicating with DHVI IT, DHVI Accessioning unit, DHVI Legal, DHVI Regulatory Compliance, and other departments as needed. Work with investigators to compile data to answer scientific questions of interest. Programmatically manage scientific studies using these specimens by coordinating assays, collecting and archiving data, performing data analyses and preparing reports as needed. Work with the DHVI regulatory team and the legal teams to implement compliance requirements regarding specimen requests with internal & external collaborating institutions. This position will be the programmatic point person to manage all DHVI / collaborative scientific analyses on clinical trials that are not primary endpoints for each trial ensuring budgets are also adhered to.
- Manage and maintain the specimen repository for animal studies, both internal and external. Programmatically manage the assays and data analyses of all small animal studies and maintain the study trackers. Prepare reports as needed.
- In conjunction with the DHVI Agreements Manager, coordinate and facilitate the Material Transfer Agreements and legal agreement process originating both within the DHVI, as well as outgoing and incoming from affiliate institutions, to ensure the continuity of scientific progress. Manage all compliance with all company agreements once executed by the DHVI Agreements Manager to ensure amendments are executed timely, statement of work is changed as needed, agreements don’t expire, publication, and other guidelines are adhered to on an agreement specific basis.
- Act as a member of the DHVI programmatic oversight of animal studies under the Director of DHVI. Responsible for post study management of the small animal studies to ensure the science is coordinated, assays run, and the need for follow up decisions is communicated to study leads. This position manage the study tracker and will drive weekly meetings by the larger group.
- Direct grant-specific publication policy requirements for our federal grants and contracts for all in relevant consortiums. Prior to journal submission, review investigator's research papers to ensure compliance in regards to policy timeline requirements and relevant key information, such as funding and non-scientific acknowledgement sections. Manage the publication committee review process and facilitate the revisions to ensure they are completed within allowable, compliant time frames.
- Monitor publications for compliance and maintain the DHVI Director’s MyNCBI account on a monthly basis to ensure compliance with pertinent grants.
- Assist with manuscripts and grant applications to create/edit figures and add electronic references using referencing software (i.e., EndNote).
- Perform other duties as assigned by DHVI and Program Management leadership.
- Preferred Qualifications
Work prefers a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or science related field, Master’s or PhD degree with experience in grants highly preferred.
Work requires 3 years of administrative program experience in a healthcare, medical, or research setting. Experience working with complex animal studies, Excel (pivot tables), and EndNote a plus.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, simultaneously work on multiple projects, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively is required. Must be effective interacting with collaborators both in person and virtually, including conference calls, emails, and WebEx.
Requisition Number: 401511777
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code:1309 DHVI PROJECT ANALYST
Job Family Level: 12
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree.
Work requires three years of administrative program experience in a healthcare, medical, or research setting.
Auto req: ID106333BR