Revenue Cycle Report Writer
General Description of Job Class
This position will generate standard or custom reporting solutions summarizing business data for review by executives, managers, vendors, and other stakeholders; utilize business intelligence tools to query data warehouses and generate reports. This person will have detailed knowledge and understanding of Business Intelligence functions including but not limited to analytics, data mining, data warehouse, reporting and dashboards.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
Generate standard or custom reporting solutions summarizing financial and operational business data for review by executives, managers, external vendors, and other stakeholders. (90%)
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify data needs with a focus on understanding how the data will be utilized
- Develop report requirements, identify appropriate data sources and translate the business requirements to an appropriate reporting solution
- Utilize business intelligence tools to extract data from the data warehouse and other sources and present it in a user friendly format.
- Conduct functional testing to determine if outcomes meet stakeholder requirements
- Perform data analysis in order to provide the most relevant and useful information
- Participate in operational meetings and proactively offer guidance on appropriate reporting solutions
- Engage with internal and external Epic application analysts, as needed, to determine if specific data needs can be met based upon system functionality and internal Epic build
- Proactively communicate with customers regarding the timing of data delivery, particularly communicating anticipated delays.
Facilitate change control process to move reports through appropriate user level testing and acceptance (5%)
Support data analysis and reporting needs for special business intelligence projects (5%)
Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- Work requires a minimum of six years’ experience in report writing and data analytics.
- Experience required in programming, data analysis & report development in a language such as SQL, or similar experience in a leading, recognized analytical toolset, such as Cognos
- Experience with Epic, Clarity data warehouse, Cognos, Oracle SQL Developer, preferred
- Knowledge of data warehousing and management, in-depth experience writing reports, and working with data to create reports.
- Requires current Epic Clarity Data Model certification or the ability to complete certification(s) within 6 months of employment, except where otherwise negotiated. Relevant data model(s) will be communicated at the time of employment.
- Certification is required on the Epic version current at DUHS.
- Ability to manage workflow and multiple requests, while meeting deadlines and managing customer expectations
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Perform duties with a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive under production pressure and deadlines
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Requisition Number: 401511833
Duke Entity: PRMO
Job Code: 2426 ANALYST,IT, SR
Job Family Level: D
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req: ID106292BR