Staff Assistant in Pediatrics-Neonatology
Neonatology/ Critical Care/ PHEM:
The position is located in Neonatology, but you may be asked to assist the other divisions listed above when needed.
Administrative support of faculty and staff in the Neonatology Division of the Department of Pediatrics tasks include but are not limited to:
- Calendar management, meetings, travel, document preparation, etc.
- Answer phone, take messages, screen calls and reply to questions as needed
- Weekly Emails to Interns/ Junior/Senior residents regarding their dates of service in the ICN, DRH and Well Baby Wednesday announcements. Also, feedback Friday reminders to attending physician regarding the residents week in the ICN.
- Use of end note program to format bibliographies, to update bio sketches and keep a record of all publications and abstracts which have been accepted by publishers.
- Submit articles into Pub Med Central via the NIHMS Manuscript Submission system (as needed). In addition, contacting any first authors who have noted use of federal grant money.
- Ensure that continuing medical education regular scheduled series events are maintained for neonatal grand rounds and that it is approved by CME office. Also, ensuring that category 1 credit is extended to learners.
- Setting up CME password (weekly) for neonatal grand rounds.
- Assuring that presenters have made proper disclosure to the Office of Continuing Medical Education (weekly)
- Coordinate reappointment packages for divisional MDs
- Maintain conference room calendar (Hock) -Maintain attendance records for the M&M conference weekly to assure CME credit is received by attending physicians.
- Maintain amion and QGenda calendar for ICN, TCN, DRH, SICC for physician coverage. The coverage for the units are scheduled 6 months in advance but must be updated as changes occur. The moonlighting shifts are updated monthly as the schedule is provided.
- Update block scheduling for ICN, DRH, TCN, and SICC. This is completed monthly for physician and fellow coverage.
- Assist with Dialogues conference planning
- Update ICN Facebook and Twitter as needed
- Assist with WebEx/videoconferencing weekly for Grand Rounds, and as needed for other meetings, depositions, etc.
- Sending out weekly webex links.
- Maintain the computers/IT for the division
- Divisional errands as needed
- Clear corporate cards for Neonatology faculty and staff
- Provide coverage/ backup for staff assistant covering, Division Chief and SICC medical secretary
Requisition Number: 401510002
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 148 STAFF ASS
Job Family Level: 08
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Auto req: ID106101BR