Director of General Communications
The Director of Digital Communications works in a collaborative environment to develop,implement, and evaluate digital communications plans to promote Duke Health Development’s goals to raise philanthropic support for research,education, and patient care; elevate Duke Health’s position in the community and among alumni, and reaching broader audiences to build greater brand recognition and philanthropic support. The Director of Digital Communications reports to the Executive Director of Communications in Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs(DHDAA) and serves as a senior member of the department’s communications staff.
(35%) Develop and Implement Digital Marketing Strategies
- Work cross-functionally with DHDAA colleagues to conceive, develop,and execute overall digital strategy for DHDAA and affiliated groups.
- Develop and implement plans to promote giving to Duke Health through digital networks, systems, and communities.
- In partnership with DHDAA colleagues, develop and implement social media campaigns that promote giving to Duke Health and foster growth of Duke Health’s online communities.
- Collaborate with Duke Health Annual Giving staff and Communications staff on Annual Fund direct marketing planning and implementation.
- Develop creative ideas and innovative methods for leveraging Duke Health content, including developing, collecting,or re purposing copy, videos, and images to increase awareness and gifts among key audiences.
- In partnership with DHDAA colleagues, ensure that all digital messages are appropriate and consistent with other School of Medicine, School of Nursing, and/or Duke University Health System messages.
- Distribute digital communications or collaborate with colleagues to ensure that communications are distributed effectively using appropriate tools.
- Oversee the design and development of digital communications templates, including electronic invitations, Bronto emails, electronic newsletters and other digital materials for DHDAAand affiliated groups.
- Make informed and cost-effective decisions about vendor selections and digital communications solutions, in accordance with Duke Health policy and in consultation with Executive Director of Communications.
- Partner with the Director of Digital Communications in University Development to leverage digital strategies, align messaging when appropriate, and coordinate digital communications activities when practical.
(35%) Serve as Website Manager
- Serve as the website manager and primary point of contact for issues regarding Duke Health Development and Alumni Affairs’ primary website for donors and prospective donors.Identify and originate web projects. In collaboration with the Executive Director of Communications, prioritize, schedule, plan, and execute new initiatives within the primary and affiliated web spaces.
- Act as the lead web designer, providing primary direction on look and feel and content presentation issues.
- Meet regularly with DHDAA teams to ascertain their digital communication needs. Describe and provide various means to meet those needs. Reach consensus on the one(s) to use. Define, schedule, and, when appropriate, price those decisions.
- Determine standards and style for design capabilities to ensure a high level of design and coding efficiency consistent with current standards and trends.
- Oversee design work and coding of other web designers and web production, and digital marketing specialists. Provide coaching and guidance to other designers and coders to ensure top level design and efficient code that is consistent with the intentions of the designer and needs of the institution.
- Oversee the management and updating of web content.
- Oversee Google analytics to inform web strategy.
- Oversee intranet for Duke Health Development & Alumni Affairs for organizing and sharing information within the organization.
- Consult with Duke Health Technology Services and Duke Health Marketing to design and develop applications and online tools that support fundraising activity at Duke Health, such as development online giving forms and expanding use of social media.
- Hire and oversee web development specialists and other digital communications specialists as needed. Collaborate with digital communications consultants as needed.
(10%) Analytics and Performance Monitoring
- Monitor key performance indicators and conduct analysis for all activities. Proactively share insight and results with teams and use analysis to make decisions and build into program strategy.
- Consider emerging technologies with the potential to support digital strategy; make recommendations on their suitability; and propose testing where appropriate..
- Monitor and report on website traffic and other digital communications activity for DHDAA’s online properties, including third-party social media spaces.
(10%) Oversee Video Production to Support Fundraising Activity
- Supervise to align video content with Duke Health Development & Alumni Affairs fundraising priorities, including stewardship to donors.
- Provide guidance in collaboration with DHDAA colleagues on new video ideas and projects.
- Oversee the electronic distribution of video content and integration of video and multimedia content with DHDAA Communications marketing and communications initiatives.
- Coordinate efforts with Duke Health Marketing where practical.
- Hire and oversee freelance videographers as needed. Collaborate with digital communications consultants as needed.
(10%) Oversee Other Digital Communications Priorities to Support Fundraising
- Develop strategies to take advantage of new technologies to support major gifts fundraising, engagement, donor stewardship, and Annual Giving fundraising.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work requires a Bachelors degree in graphic design or computer science.
Minimum three years (five + preferred) of progressive web design and production experience. Experience with webdesign project management required. Knowledge of educational fundraising, research universities,and Duke Health preferred.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Requisition Number: 401511617
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 2660 WEB DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER
Job Family Level: 70
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelors degree in graphic design or computer science
Work requires three years of progressive web design and production experience. Experience with web design project management preferred.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106276BR