Staff Specialist in Statistical Center
Support the Directors of the Duke Cancer Institute’s (DCI) Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Shared Resources. Coordination of meetings and travel, general office administration, inventory management, and financial transactions.
Responsibilities and Expectations
Coordination – 70% of effort
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, seminars, workshops
- Set up appointments and manage calendars
- Anticipate meetings and agenda needs and plan accordingly
- Coordinate staff new-hire orientation and office setup
- Coordinate lunch and refreshments for various functions
- Coordinate and manage itineraries for visitors (e.g., interviewees, speakers)
General Office Activities – 20% of effort
- Perform and implement general office activities
- Serve as liaison for scheduling conference rooms
- Keep up-to-date on all pertinent training
- Maintain up-to-date phone list
- Maintain phone lines (repairs, cancelations, etc.)
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail
Inventory Management – 5% of effort
- Maintain inventory of laptops, desktops, hardware, software, supplies and other items
- Coordinate surplus of old and unused equipment
Financial Management – 5% of effort
- Reconcile corporate card transactions
- Process travel reimbursements
- Order and maintain supplies through Buy@Duke
- And other work as assigned.
- Excellent written, oral and conversational communication skills to effectively work with diverse groups
- Ability to analyze, evaluate multiple solutions and solve complex problems using well developed critical & analytical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills needed to prioritize among many competing priorities
- Attention to detail needed to operate accurately and effectively in the regulatory environment
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook (especially its calendaring features)
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- The intent of this job description is to be representative of the level and the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities.
Requisition Number: 401511587
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 313 STAFF SPECIALIST
Job Family Level: 08
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post secondary education.
Work generally requires three years of clerical or research experience to acquire skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office organization,communications and research practices.A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106273BR