Programme Assistant, Education Improvement Programme
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Central Administration Office, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic
Deadline: Position open until filled
In keeping with its mission the University is launching the Education Improvement Programme (EIP) to improve school education in the three Founding States of Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. It seeks to develop privileged relations with 20 schools, in each of the countries with the aim of improving the quality of the learning outcomes so as to establish a steady-stream of well-prepared students for higher education, work and citizenship, and improve school education in the region in general.
Summary of the Position
The Programme Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative and secretarial tasks, providing professional, efficient and hands-on support to the Head of the Educational Improvement Programme. The Programme Assistant should have a high attention to detail along with excellent organisational, communication and presentation skills. The Programme Assistant also needs to show initiative, be flexible, and be able to work autonomously in a demanding work environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative and clerical support in the following areas:
- Organise and schedule appointments and manage various calendars;
- Oversee travel and accommodation arrangements and submit and reconcile expense reports;
- Develop and maintain a filing system;
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports;
- Draft, edit and compile documents and spreadsheets;
- Plan for meetings, take detailed minutes and provide meeting minutes in a timely manner;
- Assist in organising and making all necessary arrangements for events/conferences.
Develop and maintain databases:
- Work with database software to store, organise and manage data as per user objectives and requirements;
- Keep databases up to date;
- Liaise with IT and other technical staff to manage database security/integrity, backup procedures, disaster recovery plans, archiving data.
Provide Translation Services:
- Translate letters, documents and other materials from Russian and the national language to English;
- Write letters, document and other materials in Russian and the national language translating the same from English.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 2 years job related experience in a similar role, preferably in an international organisation with demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organisation.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as member of a team;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- A high level of energy, enthusiasm, initiative, motivation and commitment;
- Familiarity with computer operating systems and database technology (design, software and structure);
- Ability to handle sensitive information, using discretion and confidentiality;
- Fluent in English and Russian as well as the duty station country’s national language.
- The position reports to the Head, Education Improvement Programme.
- The position will actively engage with other members of UCA to enhance a culture of collaboration and professional networking.
The job description is subject to change.
Candidates from the founding countries of UCA i.e Tajikistan, Kyrgyz Republic and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 12th 2018 or until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “Programme Assistant, EIP”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.