Programme Coordinator, Education Improvement Programme
Department: School of Arts and Sciences
Duty station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Deadline: 15 November 2018
Summary of Position
The Programme Coordinator will work under the leadership of the Head and supervision by the Deputy Head, Education Improvement Programme. The Programme Coordinator will participate in the planning, development, implementation and management of all in-country programme activities; actively work to promote the professional development of teachers through a mix of school and out-of-school activities; collect, analyses and use research data to further the goals of the programme; and work consultatively and collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure the realization of the Programmes aims and objectives.
- Participate in the development of the Educational Improvement Programme plans for the country and region;
- Plan and implement programme activities in accordance with the approved work plan and time frame to achieve programme goals;
- Participate in the development, design, writing and editing of curricular enhancement materials and teacher professional development programme guides as well as work with principals and teachers to customize activities and training to suit the needs of the school;
- Implement operational/administrative policies and procedures specific to the achievement of the objectives and goals of the programme;
- Facilitate the professional development of teachers by facilitating independent and collaborative design of activities, support and coaching in the classroom and reflection on actions so as to improve them;
- Identify teaching, learning and assessment materials and equipment required to facilitate accomplishment of programme objectives and goals;
- Make timely and independent decisions in the field while conducting the programme;
- Conduct STEM education and career awareness workshops for teachers and parents;
- Coordinate the planning, presenting and executing of programme activities at the school and national level, providing support and assistance where and when required;
- Monitor programme implementation on a regular basis to identify and respond to problems of programme participants and ensure programme is moving towards achievement of objectives and goals;
- Support the conduct and analysis of the situational analysis in schools;
- Support the research associate in the design, conduct, analysis and write up of research studies;
- Use the data from the research studies to suggest programme activities for improved programme effectiveness;
- Collaborate and communicate with the programme team to share ideas, address issues and learn from each other to maximize programme opportunities and achieve programme objectives and goals;
- Collaborate and communicate on a continuous basis with the all stakeholders of UCA partner schools, to ensure successful execution of the programme activities;
- Engage in regular interaction with, serve as liaison between, and coordinate with programme partners to develop programme linkages and obtain support;
- Maintain communication, coordination and interaction with direct supervisor, other key team members, staff and consultants;
- Document processes and procedures for programmatic events and activities and maintain necessary records/files and statistical information on the programme;
- Analyze and evaluate programme data to prepare scheduled and special reports as per reporting format;
- Work with the team to develop the professional development programme and provide in-class support and coaching to teachers;
- Organize and/or attend seminars and workshops in areas appropriate to the programme.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of programme budgets for all programme activities;
- Administer and monitor programme area revenues and expenses to maintain budget and implement activities as per work plan, and provide timely financial reports;
- Assist with grant and/or proposal writing as appropriate to the objectives and funding nature of the programme;
- Participate in fundraising activities;
- Collaborate on the design of specific marketing and public relations materials.
- Represent the Education Improvement Programme on relevant internal and external committees/organizations;
- Work with the community to facilitate understanding of and support for the Education Improvement Programme; and
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree in education with five years’ experience in educational improvement, teacher education preferably in science or ICT, curriculum, public policy and/or related work in planning, organizing and evaluating educational projects/programmes;
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events;
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse staff, a variety of education stakeholders and the immediate and larger community;
- Working knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures;
- Ability to gather, record and analyse statistical data and generate reports.
- Advanced editorial skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as to function effectively in a team environment;
- Excellent command of the national, Russian and English language and grammar, both verbal and written;
- A working knowledge of Office 365 and the ability to learn and use other computer technology/software programmes as needed;
- Extensive knowledge of current trends and issues in education with a particular focus on issues in secondary education;
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing research based curriculum;
- Ability to design training programmes and provide training to various sized groups of staff, teachers and students;
- Ability to speak in public to various audiences: corporate, government, education, non-profit and community;
- Ability to identify and solve complex problem in a timely and efficient manner;
- Advanced organizational skills, ability to multi-task and stay on track to meet the education improvement programme goals and objectives; and
- Operate confidently and calmly under tight timelines, unpredictable and stressful situations.
- The position reports to the Head, Education Improvement Programme
- The position will actively engage with other members of UCA to enhance a culture of collaboration and professional networking.
The position will be based in Dushanbe in Tajikistan but will require extensive travel within the Tajikistan as well as Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan.
The job description is subject to change.
Candidates from the Founding Countries of UCA i.e Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan are encouraged to apply for the position.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by November 15th 2018. Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis. As your application e-mail subject, please write: “TJ Programme Coordinator, EIP”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.