Assistant Director, Admissions
Starting Salary Range: $44,748 to $61,610 per year
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:30-5:00 with some evenings and weekends
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 46-MD:JH at Harbor East
Department name: 60000036-Admissions
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The Assistant Director position serves as a recruiter of full-time domestic and international students for the AACSB accredited, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Carey offers a full-time MBA (known as the Global MBA), and numerous other related Master of Science programs in the following areas: Finance, Enterprise Risk Management, Health Care, Marketing, Information Systems, and Real Estate and Infrastructure. Recruitment activities include conducting in-person and online information sessions, directing open house programs and guiding prospective students from inquiry through application and into the deposit and registration phase of enrollment. The position works as a part of the Admissions Office team and collaborates with Academic Programs, Financial Aid, Student Services, and Career Development to coordinate school-wide recruitment activities. This position requires professionalism, strong communication skills, a team-oriented approach, and a solid understanding of prospect management in a fast-paced higher education sales environment. Some evening and weekend is required. The assistant director must be willing and able to travel domestically as well as internationally if needed.
Extensive education and/or experience will receive additional consideration for compensation outside of the posted range.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide program and degree requirement information to prospective applicants through E-mailing, telephone conversations, individual meetings, and recruiting events.
- Develop and implement a recruitment events plan for --and participate in -- both outside-sponsored and JHU-specific recruiting events.
- Recruit applicants from diverse backgrounds via open houses, college fairs, information sessions, individual consulting sessions, telephone inquiries, on-line chat/open houses and other developing technologies.
- Assist prospects with application and financial aid process.
- Assist with the development and implementation of e-recruitment programs that ensure successful attraction, recruitment and retention of high caliber domestic and international students.
- Assist with the development and implementation of yield events.
- Work collaboratively with the Admissions team, faculty, staff, and administration in addressing outreach and recruitment issues and opportunities.
- Provide data and reports in support of evaluating recruitment strategies.
- Work with Office of Marketing and other School entities in the marketing/recruitment of Carey program areas, as necessary.
- Interview student applicants, review applicant files, and recommend acceptance or denial based upon admissions criteria.
- Make scholarship recommendations.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university required.
- One year of related experience required.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Demonstrated track record in meeting sales goals in an educational or other related environment.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish and English strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of successful diversity recruiting strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience in higher education student recruitment and admissions preferred
- Previous experience with Hobsons, SalesForce, Slate or other student application and CRM platforms preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent sales ability; must be able to recruit in highly competitive market.
- Requires a high degree of professionalism.
- Knowledge of higher education student recruitment events, especially at the graduate level.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies to support admissions and student recruitment.
- Exceptional public speaking, verbal, and written communication skills; with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively at all organizational levels, and with diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic constituents.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build solid working relationships with the admissions team, faculty, staff, administration, and outside corporate partners.
- Proven ability to assess priorities, with the ability to respond quickly to changing needs and to balance competing responsibilities.
- Must understand how data is used to manage the prospect funnel from inquiry through enrolled student.
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work independently, both on- and off-site.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Evening and/or weekend work required.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.