Post-Doctoral Fellow in Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
Organization Name Civil Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To develop the robust and reliable numerical weather model for the UAE region.
- To maintain and improve the operation weather forecast model for the aviation weather and air quality in the region.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The candidate will primarily work on the development of numerical weather model. As a part of the job, the candidate is expected to closely work with our stakeholders including UAE Space Agency,Environment Agency of Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways, and the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment.
- Operational Responsibilities include managing a database of satellite data and the model data of the developed maps.The candidate is also expected to track the project deliverables including monthly reports and assist the PI in producing the deliverables on time to the external sponsor.
- The candidate is expected to supervise and train undergraduate and graduate students who will be involved in the project.
- 2-5 years
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Civil Engineering Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates