UPD Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Lecturer - Planning for the Environment
4 days left
- Full Time
UPD Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Lecturer
DEPARTMENT: Department of Urban Planning and Design
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Planning for the Environment
POSITION TITLE: UPD Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Lecturer
LOCATION: (SUZHOU CAMPUS)
SALARY: The salary range for the Lecturer positions (equivalent to Assistant Professor in the US system) is 21,611 – 33,222 RMB/month, and for Associate Professor is 33,726 – 39,867 RMB/month. This position can also be considered for Senior Associate Professor with the salary range of 40,471 – 46,041 RMB/month.
POSITION OPEN DATE: 24 October 2018
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 23 November 2018
JOB ID: 995652
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time
UNIVERSITY AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW:
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a unique collaborative institution, the first and currently the only university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees. Formed in 2006, the first cohort of students graduated in August 2010. The University now has over 10,000 students studying on campus. The language of instruction is English. XJTLU aims to become truly research-led, and has recently committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of PhD student numbers on campus.
XJTLU is located in the Higher Education Town of Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP), well-connected via nearby airports to cities such as Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Taipei, and via high-speed rail to other major cities in China. SIP is a major growth zone, including operations run by nearly one-fifth of the Fortune 500 top global companies. Greater Suzhou is now the fourth largest concentration of economic activity in China in terms of GDP, and the SIP has a higher GDP per capita than the UK. The broader Suzhou area encompasses the spirit of both old and new in China, with the historic old town’s canals, UNESCO World Heritage Site gardens, and the I.M Pei-designed Suzhou Museum attracting millions of tourists annually. SIP offers an excellent quality of life with high environmental standards. The nearby Jinji Lake provides attractive views, by day and by night, and there is a variety of shopping facilities, international and local restaurants, entertainment hubs and nightlife. Suzhou is also home to four international schools.
The Department of Urban Planning and Design sets out to offer a globally competitive, professional planning and urban design programme unique in its focus on both local Chinese and international planning and urban design policy and practice. Research areas include urbanisation and urban regeneration in China, heritage and landscape conservation, local identity, migration and regional restructuring, smart cities, and participatory systems of planning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Department seeks to appoint a lecturer/associate professor/senior associate professor in Planning for the Environment, with teaching to start in February 2019. The successful appointee will teach an undergraduate programme: a 3rd Level (Year 2 of the University of Liverpool degree) module on Environmental Sustainability in Semester 1; and, a 3rd Level (Year 2) module on Geographic Information Systems in Semester 2.
Applicants should have good teaching experience and evidence of the ability to produce high quality research publications. Applicants are expected to have good language skills in English, and be able to teach in English, the language of instruction at the university. The successful appointee will be expected to teach; to undertake research in their area of specialisation on both individual and group projects, and to be actively engaged in the publication of the results; and to participate in the administration and development of the Department of Urban Planning and Design.
- The successful applicants will have, or expect shortly to receive (before official start of employment), a PhD degree in relevant area.
- For non-Chinese candidates, two-year full-time teaching experience in higher education is required by the Chinese work permit policy.
- An international or Chinese experience in urban planning practice might be considered an asset.
- Candidates for the senior positions (Senior Associate Professor and Associate Professor) should also have a strong track record in teaching and academic supervision, as well as an international research profile in their field and a successful record of research funding.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 55 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please send your application to AcademicPositions@xtjlu.edu.cn. In the subject line write the Positon you are applying for and quote the job ID number for reference.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A statement about teaching experience in higher education; research experience, publications to date, and a research plan; and any evidence of administrative and managerial competence
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the Staff Management Team at AcademicPositions@xjtlu.edu.cn. Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.
Apply for UPD Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Lecturer - Planning for the Environment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- £60,001 - £70,000 Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China
- £60,001 - £70,000 Fixed Term Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China
- £60,001 - £70,000 Fixed Term Civil Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China
- £60,001 - £70,000 Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in China