Device Support Analyst
General Description of the Job Class
The Device Support Analyst provides remote and on-site support, maintenance for workstations, printers, and peripheral devices. The Device Support Analyst fields customer questions and problems, and uses their technical knowledge to independently resolve the issue, or partner with the appropriate Duke IT technical resource to identify the solution.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
This is a Level 1 Position
- Under direct supervision, provide accurate, timely, and effective solutions for end user computer problems to ensure end user productivity.
- Provide timely response to customers, to comply with service level agreements.
- Research, resolve and respond to incidents and requests reported by customers regarding end user devices, (e.g. workstations, printers, peripheral devices, etc.) along with some ancillary support for application issues. Use systems and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues, either resolving the issue at hand or escalating to the appropriate technical expert.
- Communicate issues effectively to customers, team members, technical experts and management. Maintain regular communication with all impacted groups until the project/problem/task is brought to resolution.
- Respond to routine customer questions about usability and functionality of hardware and applications. Provide basic education and training to customers, as necessary.
- Maintain accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the tracking system.
- Update asset management system to correctly record the life cycle and status of desktop hardware, peripherals, and software.
- Test and ensure applications are correctly installed and configured on workstations.
- Participate in team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve the problem resolution process.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all procedures regarding end user device support and operations.
- Engage with customers and DHTS internal resources to identify trends, training opportunities, and service improvement opportunities.
- May participate in 24X7 on call rotation.
- Assist and support the Security Office and Device Support leadership in monitoring and scanning for security and risk. Ensure that the appropriate security measures are to taken in day-to-day work.
- Remain well informed of all HIPAA, security, and privacy requirements. Responsible for reporting any compliance breaches or concerns to the appropriate resource (management, IT Security Office, Compliance Office, Human Resources, etc.).
- Oversee selective activities of desktop computing management including software and hardware configuration, testing, scheduling, installations, moves, updates, upgrades, preventive maintenance, vendor returns, and asset management.
- Monitor and scan for security vulnerabilities and risk in order to minimize threat to the network enterprise infrastructure for both operating systems and standard applications.
- Assist in evaluating new requirements and assist in defining standards, guidelines, best practices, and metrics.
- Execute project plans, define job scope, and work with the business owners and project managers in the implementation and deployment of assigned projects.
- Facilitate team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve the quality or efficiency of the problem resolution process.
- Build and deploy software distribution packages for designated applications.
- Upgrade and/or update software to latest version.
- Train technical support personnel in the use and support of new products and systems.
Associate’s degree in a related field, or two years of equivalent technical experience required
Level 1- One year of IT, experience required.
Degrees, Licensure, and or Certification
Must have a current N.C. driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic technical knowledge and computer skills, to support Windows and Mac platforms, Windows applications and mobile computing devices
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Strong customer service, telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, time management, technical documentation, oral and written communication skills
- Use device standards and follow guidelines, and help others interpret policy
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
- May be required to drive personal vehicle to conduct Duke business/deliver and install computer equipment
Requisition Number: 401506049
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level: C
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req: ID106158BR