3 days left
- Full Time
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Ann Arbor area.
A Medical Assistant in our OB/GYN and Pediatric Briarwood clinic has the privilege of working with individuals going through pregnancy, labor, and puerperium along with children of all ages. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with your patients and walk them through this ever-changing time in their lives. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Taking patient vital signs
- Preparing specimens, immunizations and injections
- Administering medications and treatments as ordered
- Ensuring efficient patient flow to the examination rooms
- Assuring patient paperwork is complete
- Cleaning and stocking exam rooms
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as appropriate for delegation by RN staff or Manager
- Administering injections
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience
- Must have good attendance and exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team setting
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Previous Pediatric and OB/GYN experience
- Respond positively to change and show willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic health record systems
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures
You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/or transfer patients.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position. The clinic is open from 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday. This position will require some flexibility to work varying shifts during the week.
Eisenhower Pkwy., Ann Arbor, MI
You will be trained within the department by one of our tenured Medical Assistants.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.