Marketing and Events Coordinator
3 days left
- Full Time
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is looking for a Marketing and Events Coordinator to lead several key initiatives in the Office of Graduate Studies, housed within the Office of the Provost. A primary focus area will be coordination of centralized graduate marketing initiatives in collaboration with our Office of Communications and Marketing. This includes central collateral material development, annual campaign planning and execution, digital campaign approval, list purchases, and communication plan development, execution, and monitoring. Another focus area is the coordination of prospective and current student events. The position will contribute to the entire recruitment and graduate student enrollment management efforts of the office and will report to the Director of Graduate Studies.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate central graduate recruitment and communication plans, programs, and materials for Dearborn graduate programs.
- Coordinate central university-wide fall open house and support winter unit-specific open houses for prospective graduate students.
- Represent the Office of Graduate Studies at virtual open houses and other recruiting events.
- Coordinate new student orientations and current student professional development workshop schedule and events.
- Develop and execute yield initiatives.
- In coordination with the Director of Graduate Studies and Central Marketing, develop and manage content for various communication channels including: website (employing search engine optimization), social media (Facebook), email marketing, collateral materials, event listings, and video.
- Develop and coordinate email marketing campaigns, utilizing Salesforce Marketing Cloud, to reach and engage prospective graduate students.
- Monitor enrollment trends and adjust short and long-term recruitment strategies accordingly.
- In coordination with director, plan and monitor recruitment budget.
- Liaise with all four colleges and relevant central offices (Communications & Marketing, Career Services, Alumni Relations). Work with faculty and staff to increase media and industry attention to graduate programs, faculty, and students.
- Provide supervision to Graduate Student Ambassadors.
- Other related duties as assigned including serving as back-up for other office roles when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of college admissions/recruitment experience, marketing and/or communications is required.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with faculty, staff, applicants, students, and the public in a fast-paced setting.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills with a diverse population, are critical. The ability to create marketing content as well as proofread and edit will be a regular part of the role.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently with initiative, as well as in a collaborative, team-oriented, office environment.
- Master’s degree
- Experience in a higher education setting, especially in an admissions area.
- Familiarity with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool and its capabilities.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, TargetX, and Marketing Cloud.
- Experience using Google Analytics.
- Previous experience creating and implementing college admissions recruitment/marketing communication plans including print, website, social media, digital advertising, and other media communications.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.