Senior Business Support Specialist
Location Doha, QA
Department Name Foundation Program
The Senior Business Support Specialist is responsible to ensure the consistent and timely application of QU’s strategy, policies and procedures in the College/Department. The Senior Business Support Specialist is also responsible to contribute to the development and growth of the College by providing advice and administrative leadership on matters related to HR, Finance, Procurement,IT and Facilities Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Dean to understand their strategic HR, Finance, Procurement, IT and General Services requirements and act as the first point of contact to resolve strategic and operational issues.
- Manage coordination with the HR, Finance, IT and General Services departments for the efficient and effective delivery of services for the College and to ensure the timely resolution of issues in line with QU’s strategy, policies and procedures.
- Work with relevant departments to provide advice and support to the Dean in regard to QU’s HR, Finance, Procurement, IT and General Services strategy, policies and procedures to help them resolve employee and operational issues.
- Collaborate with the support services department to ensure that the HR, Finance, Procurement and IT systems are effectively and efficiently being used and maintained by the College and any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with College leadership to understand recruitment needs and identify critical positions and coordinate with HR to develop an annual recruitment plan, training plan, succession plan and retention plan for the College.
- Work with the HR department to support the College’s candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection and hiring efforts, in coordination with the appropriate recruiting committee and advise on the consistent and timely application of QU’s strategy, policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Facilitate performance ratings calibration discussions and conduct training needs analysis in coordination with Deans to ensure they have accurate and reliable information to develop cost effective training and development plans.
- Work with faculty and staff to ensure that leave balance, salary adjustments, payroll processing and other employee data for the College is accurate.
- Collaborate with College leadership to understand and develop short and long term procurement plans and requirements and coordinate with the Procurement Department to ensure procurement and contract planning is compliant and consistent with QU policies and procedures and support in resolving any issues.
- Work with the Procurement Department to support the College by providing advice and supporting procurement and contract management in order to ensure, efficiency, informed decision making and value for money.
- Collaborate with the College to ensure payments and expenses are processed in a timely manner and in accordance to the QU policies and procedures and resolve any variances as appropriate.
- Work with the Finance Department to provide advice and support to the College in planning and managing the budget and accounts in accordance to the QU strategy, policies and procedures and in meeting its financial targets.
- Work with IT Services to advise the College on technology risks and support in preventing and resolving technology issues in an effective and efficient manner.
- Coordinate with IT Services in order to provide the College with the IT services and products required to meet their needs.
- Help College leadership manage the College’s IT related activities and initiatives by coordinating with the IT Department as necessary.
- Lead the coordination between the College and the General Services Department in regards to implementing facilities maintenance, safety and security policies and procedures.
- Lead the maintenance and updating of accurate college HR, Finance, Procurement, IT and General Services related records and ensure that central and local data are aligned, up to date and accurate.
- Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the University.
Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Business Administration or related field.
A certification in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution is a plus
English is required
Arabic is required
Normally a minimum of four years of post-degree relevant business support experience in a university or servicesector organization.
Normally at least two years of experience in a similar role in the GCC region.
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 31-Dec-2018