Associate Professor in Environmental Management and Sustainability
JOB ID: 180739
SALARY RANGE: $139,700 to $153,659 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROL
The Associate Professor in Environmental Management and Sustainability will be responsible for teaching, undertaking research, publishing and attracting research funding in the area of environmental science with specialisation in an area of natural resources management or environment protection.
This will include:
- Demonstrating distinguished scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes.
- Providing intellectual leadership within their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, including emerging recognition as a public intellectual.
- Researching and publishing in learning and teaching, including testing the effectiveness of innovations designed to improve student and graduate outcomes including graduate employment.
- Leading, designing and implementing best practice assessment and evidence of student learning outcomes at Unit and Course level, and leading assessment panels.
- PhD in a relevant field of environmental science/environmental management.
- Demonstrable academic leadership and professional expertise in the field of environmental management and sustainability
- A record of excellent achievement in teaching that influcences, motivates and inspires students to learn and fosters independent learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with professional associations and with domestic and overseas educational institutions and industry and engage in external service activities
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Chris Austin, Head of School, School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Tel +61 3 9251 7611, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 11 November 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.