VET Lecturer/Workplace Assessor, Community Services
- 3 years fixed-term full time appointment
- Teaching Focused Academic Level A
- Salary $64,490 to $96,750 per annum
- Plus 17% Superannuation and 6 weeks annual leave
- Casuarina Campus
Apply your extensive Community Services experience to help deliver competency-based training to the CDU students throughout the NT.
Operating within the School of VET Community and Children’s Services, English Language, Literacy and Numeracy, The Community Services and Allied Health Team provides nationally accredited training in Certificate II to Certificate IV level qualifications in Community Service, Individual Support, Aged Care, Home and Community Care (HACC), Disability, Mental Health, Community Night Patrol and Health Services.
As a VET Lecturer/Workplace Assessor, Community Services you are responsible for the development and delivery of training whilst working under the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and the VET Quality Framework and to the competency standards of the Community Services Training Package. This includes delivering training programs through flexible learning environments including, classrooms and/or other nominated teaching locations/workplace environments either on or off campus and remote areas of the Northern Territory. In addition, you are expected to contribute to growing the teaching business and anticipate and respond to industry training requirements.
Ideally you require to have:
- A Diploma level qualification in Community Services or equivalent with relevant and recent work experience in the Community Services.
- Current qualification equivalent to a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or its successor TAE40116) and the ability to obtain competencies in additional core units as required.
- Demonstrated experience providing training either within a workplace setting or educational institution.
Capacity to work and travel to regional and remote locations.
Appointment is contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory National Criminal History check and NT Working with Children clearance.
For more information please contact Lynne Hendry, Head of School, on 08 8946 7594 or email lynne.hendry@CDU.edu.au
Closing date: Monday 12 November 2018