Training Centre Engineer
School of Physics
Faculty of Science
- Opportunity to design, build, integrate, test, deliver the Training Centre's CubeSats & UAVs
- Full time, 3 Year fixed term position, Camperdown location
- Academic Level A or B, Base Salary: $92,682 p.a. - $111,967 p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Training Centre Engineer to design, build, integrate, test, deliver the Training Centre's CubeSats, build, test, and integrate instruments and other payloads; to design the Centre's UAV projects, integrate the payloads to the platform, and test and deliver the projects. Lead and have responsibility for these projects under the Training Centre Director's overall supervision, collaborating with, supervising, and leading other team members as required. To develop financial budgets, keep track of expenses, and revise plans as needed. To mentor and supervise students as required.
We are looking for a Training Centre Engineer with:
- A postgraduate degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechatronic Engineering (or equivalent) with an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Science (or equivalent);
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, building, integrating, testing, and flying CubeSats or other
- small satellites;
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, building, testing, and integrating instruments and platform
- spacecraft or UAV) system hardware:
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting software for satellites or UAVs.
Level of appointment will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The School of Physics at the University of Sydney is the leading Physics department in the country, with outstanding staff and students undertaking world-leading teaching and research. Our 114 academic staff and 157 postgraduate students conduct research across a vast range of interests from nanoparticles to clusters of galaxies and from theoretical modelling to laboratory experiments. With the support of 20+ professional, technical and administrative staff, the School of Physics teachers to a cohort of approximately 274 equivalent full-time student load (EFTSL) undergraduate students. With access to supercomputers, modern laboratory facilities and observatories, locally, nationally and internationally, the School of Physics is the premier environment for physics education and research. The School of Physics is committed to creating a diverse workplace by improving equity, access and opportunity. We want to create an environment where individuality is welcomed and celebrated. We are continuously working to identify and remove biases and barriers in an effort to make our workplace open, supportive and safe for everyone.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2064/1018F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 21 November 2018 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Professional Services jobs in Camperdown
- Fixed Term Electrical & Electronic Engineering Other Professional Services jobs in Camperdown
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Other Professional Services jobs in Camperdown
- Fixed Term Chemical Engineering Other Professional Services jobs in Camperdown