Staff Assistant in Office of University Counsel
Duke University is seeking an experienced staff assistant to provide administrative support to attorneys in the Office of Counsel. Position will report to the Administrative Manager.
- Manage complex calendars for attorneys in a discrete and confidential manner.
- Plan and coordinate meetings for attorneys with executive level staff members at Duke University and DUHS, as well as outside counsel and counsel from other legal entities.
- Field telephone calls, directing calls to other staff as appropriate. Evaluate and handle requests and furnish information as needed, while always being mindful of confidentiality. Serve as a resource person when appropriate to ensure efficiency of operation for the office. Demonstrate service oriented approach when dealing with both internal and external inquiries.
- Prepare letters, presentations and legal documents ensuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with general policy and factual correctness.
- Manage travel arrangements, secure air, hotel, and ground transportation arrangements and document confirmation information, as well as prepare itineraries. Complete travel reimbursements and corporate card expenses.
- Use electronic data management software to create new files, file emails and documents that can be easily identified by staff.
- Advise attorneys regarding the status of current activities and troubleshoot potential problems.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described above
Four years prior experience working in a legal setting.
Requisition Number: 401510265
Duke Entity: CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code: 476 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level: 09
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106193BR