Emergency Medicine Physician
Emergency Medicine Physicians are clinicians who provide clinical care and treatment for patients presenting at Duke Raleigh Hospital’s Emergency Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in direct clinical practice as the principal component of his/her professional responsibility within the Department.
- Provide medical assessment, diagnostic determination, and clinical management necessary to ensure appropriate clinical disposition of Emergency Department patients.
- Accurate and timely completion of all clinical and professional records and documentation to assure compliance with local, state, and federal regulatory, licensure, and accreditation requirements.
- Communicate with consulting providers as necessary to facilitate necessary ongoing care and treatment of patients.
- Work to create a positive work culture within department and cross-departmental teams.
- Participate in relevant Medical Staff and DRAH committees representing Emergency Medicine as needed and requested.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401506860
Duke Entity DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL
Job Code 2271 PHYSICIAN
Job Family Level 00
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
- Work requires a MD, DO, and completion of advanced graduate
- Medical education in Emergency Medicine with board eligibility or board certification in Emergency Medicine.
- Training experiences as mandated by the American Board of
- Emergency Medicine for board eligibility/certification required.
- Experience in emergency medicine practice preferred.
- Physician will maintain a current unrestricted license to practice
- Medicine in the State of North Carolina, federal and state
- Prescriptive authority, and will obtain and maintain board
- Certification by the American Board of Emergency Medicine in
- Accordance with DRAH Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Clinical training; ability to work with others in a cooperative,
- collaborative manner, strong written and oral communication skills
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID