Assistant in Research
The Assistant in Research will work with the staff of the UM-Flint EDA Center for Community and Economic Development at the Ferris Wheel downtown. Students will also be working to assist entrepreneurs and business owners in the intake process, as well as daily administrative and research marketing activities.
- Assist with administrative duties
- Assist entrepreneurs with initial intake procedures
- Assist EDA University Center staff with compilation and reporting of survey results
- Conduct follow-up phone or in-person interviews as appropriate
- Gather supplemental information for final report from online sources
- Gathering information for website/portal
- Organizing data in Excel
- Enrolled UM-Flint Student in Good Academic Standing
- Customer service experience
- Strong quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently and take direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of economics and business concepts
- Interest on economic and business research
Experience with Qualtrics software
UM-Flint EDA Center for Community and Economic Development and Innovation Incubator Hub, located at the Ferris Wheel Downtown Flint, 615 Saginaw St., Flint, MI 48502
This job posting is for a University of Michigan-Flint temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. This is a grant funded position with funding secured through May 2019.
Multiple positions available; UM-Flint students from all academic majors are welcome to apply, but preference will be given to students with a background in business, economics, and/or entrepreneurship.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.