Senior Business Analyst
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you an experienced Business Analyst who is client-oriented and passionate about your work? Are you a positive person with a can-do attitude who is highly collaborative, yet results oriented? If you're interested in working with business computing technology in order to bring greater value into business, join the Administrative Processes Section and bring your value to CERN! Take part!
You will join:
The Treasury, Processes & Reporting Group, where the Administrative Processes Section acts as a central point of contact. The Section coordinates all requests concerning administrative processes, related business computing technology, works with clients to prioritize needs, provides analysis and business analysis services for approved client requests and acts as a bridge between the different stakeholders. www.cern.ch/FAP
As a Business Analyst in the Administrative Processes Section, you will liaise with different internal clients in the Finance and Human Resources Sector at various levels in order to deliver value to their business areas.
This cross-sector position will include activities in three main areas: solution, strategy/consulting and client/stakeholder relationship management.
The main duties will include:
- Design business scenarios and use cases studies within any of the following domains: procure to pay or hire to retire cycles, supply chain or data analysis and forecasting.
- Manage requirements, elicitation, analysis, and documentation that always brings business value to the Finance and Human Resources sector, as well as other CERN clients.
- Define, set up, and execute test cases to ensure product quality.
- Ensure architectural consistency and usability standards.
- Contribute to design solutions with a high quality effortless UX.
- Prototype and co-design innovative solutions with the Agile team; understand the client journey and problems, and translate it into user stories.
- Mentor junior business analysts.
- Translate business strategies, opportunities, threats and needs into product requirements that can be delivered incrementally to your clients as rapidly as possible.
- Advise clients on a standard product group or a combination and integration of several product groups.
- Liaise with enterprise architect, business relationship managers, and product managers to define the way forward to satisfy the business needs.
- Identify opportunities to bring value; and provide consultative support on business-led technology initiatives.
- Develop internal and external networking connections; proactively monitor emerging industry trends.
- Consult with business relationship managers and product managers to determine how product development will impact your clients; measure the overall impact to the organization of each development.
- Challenge stakeholders to define the real business problem behind the expressed needs.
Master's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the fields of IT or business management, or related field.
The experience required for this post is:
- Extensive experience in business analysis in business computing related projects, particularly with a finance focus.
- Extensive experience in working for and with end user clients.
- Extensive knowledge of common standard business processes/best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in translating business needs to developers.
- Experience in the transformation of data into value-added information.
- Familiarity with user research and customer experience methodologies.
In addition, it would be beneficial to have:
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) accreditation.
- Experience of working in a comparable organization.
- Experience of working with business relationship managers as part of a product-oriented organization.
- User relationship management: understanding of customer behaviours, journeys and pain-points; customer focus; execution of business strategy, performance and operating model.
- Capture and analysis of requirements for ICT systems: deep enough technology understanding to translate needs to product requirements, and co-design innovative solutions with an Agile Team.
- Process analysis, definition and improvement: change management.
- Conceptualising, designing and developing user experiences and interfaces: business computing knowledge in the Finance and HR, Logistics, Supply Chain domain.
- Identifying and selecting relevant emerging ICT technologies.
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information; successfully changing other people's opinions by persuasive arguments; expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer; proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies.
- Creating vision and strategic partnerships: exploring future possibilities for CERN; constantly seeking new strategic opportunities for the Organization and assessing their feasibility; promoting and communicating a compelling vision for the future; inspiring a sense of purpose and participation in a ground breaking and unique experience.
- Working in the interest of the Organization: promoting synergy and cooperation between the various parts of the Organization.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems; taking action to address them; recognizing what is essential; discriminating between important and peripheral information and being able to see the whole picture; being open to original ideas and creative options by which to address issues; continually driving change by seeking new ways to improve outcomes.
- Spoken and written English.
- Ability to understand and speak French, or the undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 20.11.2018.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: FAP-TPR-PA-2018-108-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Business Process Analyst
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further