Senior Planning and Coordination Specialist
Location Doha, QA
Department Name Foundation Program
As part of the on-going educational reform project and continuing program expansion, Qatar University is making a substantial investment in education by attracting diverse faculty, and enhancing teaching and research. The Mission of the University’s Foundation Program is to prepare high school graduates to meet Qatar University's common entrance requirements in English, Math, and Computing. Challenging program requirements, instructional technology , e-learning platforms and student support activities are all used to equip students with the necessary skills to pursue competitive college programs. With more than 3000 students and 200 faculty and staff, the Foundation Program offers a dynamic, innovative and professional work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Collaborate with dean to understand strategic direction, objectives and goals and act as the first point of contact to resolve related administrative inquiries. Manage coordination with the strategy and performance department for efficient and effective co-ordination of college and university planning, quality and accreditation requirements in line with qu’s strategy,policies and procedures. Collaborate with the dean, faculty and staff to identify strategic plans and requirements and support in the development of the annual operational plans and budgets. Collaborate with the dean to identify risks to strategies and plans and help develop risk mitigation plans. Support college leadership in the development of objectives and kpis for the college. Provide advice and support for measuring performance, consolidating and presenting performance data. Contribute to the benchmarking of the college and stay updated with current trends relevant to the college and the university. Understand quality and accreditation requirements for the college and support in preparing the college to obtain or renew accreditation or preparing for quality review. Lead the maintenance and updating of accurate college strategy and performance data and ensure that central and local data are aligned, up to date and accurate inline with qu policies and procedures to enable effective reporting and analysis of academic performance. Perform other tasks and duties that may be occasionally required in order to meet the requirements of the role and the aims of the university
Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Business Administration or related field.
Normally a minimum of four years of post-degree relevant business support experience in a university or service sector organization.
Normally at least two years of experience in a similar role in the GCC region.
- Curriculum Vitea with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitea.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online System and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 31-Dec-2018