Staff Assistant in Anesthesiology
Responsible for administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of the Center. Director, Human Factors Engineers, personnel, visitors, and learners. This position requires
excellent customer service skills and professionalism interacting with faculty, staff, and students. Additionally, this position requires technical aptitude. Individual must be able to multitask and complete assignments in a timely manner with close attention to detail. Must be able to relieve supervisor of varied clerical and administrative responsibilities and to display dependability, teamwork and time management skills.
DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED:
- Human Simulation and Patient Safety Center
- Maintain HSPSC personnel’s calendar. Schedule meetings, travel, various appointments and committee meetings. Gather all pertinent information via telephone or Internet and ensure appropriate details are placed in the description of the calendar and in the appropriate file. Prepare and have available supporting documents prior to the meetings.
- Arrange for the HSPSC personnel’s travel, including reservations, accommodations, transportation and preparation of any associated paperwork or materials. Promptly gather supporting documents for expense reimbursement and accounting. Travel-related expenses and reimbursement requests will be processed weekly and tracked appropriately.
- Provide support to Assistant Director for calendar, travel, and other activities.
- Assist in updates of HSPSC website as necessary.
- Assist HSPSC personnel in the preparation of simulation tours, presentations, and publications.
- Arrange, schedule, coordinate, and track activities for HSPSC personnel, faculty facilitators, visitors and learners.
- Attend and take notes at Centers meetings.
- Collating, arranging and organizing financial information for the Center. Prepare quarterly reports on Simulation Center Usage for Faculty.
- Give tours of the center.
- Know basics of turning on and operating high fidelity simulators, operating control room equipment, and classroom media.
- Maintain order of center by assisting simulation technology specialists and DOO when requested.
- Run simulator in simulation technology specialist’s absence if necessary.
- Track grant progress, finances, submit proposals, edit grants utilizing SPS, and be a part of research studies conducted at the Center. Schedule study participants for research conducted at the center.
- Maintain timely payment of expenses generated by the Center, using accounting system. Organize and maintain an accurate record of receipts and paperwork.
- Answer telephone, take messages, screen calls, and reply to questions in accordance with general instructions and office procedures. Gather pertinent information in order to be able to efficiently direct calls. Check voicemail daily to ensure all messages are reviewed and routed in a timely manner. Serve as receptionist for HSPSC personnel and greet all staff and guests.
- Screen, sort and distribute mail and documents. Determine which items to respond to immediately or bring to supervisor’s attention based on the content of communication and knowledge of the office activities.
- Coordinate CME offerings (such as MOCA or internal programs) through participant correspondence, financial accounts, and logistics of session with DOO.
- Schedule conference rooms, convey badge access, and maintain other building duties.
- Maintain various office files, all, manuscripts, abstracts, grants, and other documents in appropriate electronic files, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of office. Maintain
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by Medical Director, Director of Operations, or co-worker.
Order supplies to support Center activities.
Maintain Center Personnel’s CV, manuscripts, journal reviews and update all hard-copy and
electronic files when necessary.
Requisition Number: 401510352
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 476 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level: 09
Full Time/Part Time: FULL TIME
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106142BR