Postdoc in Sociology
Job Opportunity at National University of Singapore for
Research Project on “You Are What You Surf: Characterizing Preference and Decision-making Styles with Digital Footprints”
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable full-time Postdoctoral Fellow for the above project at the Centre for Family and Population Research, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore. The candidate should have expertise in the family and population issues in East Asia or Southeast Asia regions. The position will be tenable for a period of 2 years at the first instance, with the possibility of renewal.
The Centre for Family and Population Research is dedicated to scientific advancement of research and training in the study of trends, determinants, and consequences of family and population changes.
This project is led by Dr Yu Rongjun to investigate decision making in a big data sample. Primary responsibilities for Postdoc involves data analyses and manuscript preparation for studies using neuro-economics paradigms.
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A PhD in decision neuroscience, psychology, or related field;
- Prior experience with computational modelling is preferred;
- The successful candidate should have strong writing skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skill.
The start date is flexible. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The salary is highly competitive for strong candidates.
Invitation to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send the following list of documents to Centre for Family and Population Research via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to Dr Rongjun Yu with the subject title: "Postdoctoral Fellow for You Are What You Surf: Characterizing Preference and Decision-making Styles with Digital Footprints".
Cover letter and Resume (outlining your interest, qualifications, expected salary and publications if any)
- Research statement (max of 3 pages)
- Personal particulars form
- NUS Personal Data Consent for Job Applicants
- Copies of degree scrolls and transcript of grades
- 4 official letters of recommendation
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/cfpr/joinus/index.html