At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Chemical Engineering has been delivering excellent teaching and research for over sixty-five years. The research clusters in the school broadly span the areas of Energy, Food and Health, Environmental Technology, Electronic Materials, Macromolecular and Interfacial Engineering, and Product and Process Design. The school is ranked in the top 37 (QS World Ranking) in Chemical Engineering. For further information about the School, please visit http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/chemical-engineering/
The Postdoctoral Fellows will conduct collaborative research at Prof Kourosh Kalantar-zadeh's laboratory.
About the role
- Level A - $93,578– $100,090 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- Level B - $105,108 - $123,908 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
- 2 year fixed term contract with possible extension to another 12 months
- Full-time position (35 hours per week)
To be successful as a Level A you will have:
- Contribute independently or as a team member in collaborative research on electronic materials (either liquid or solid states), their synthesis, characterisation and device fabrication
- Contribute to the writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals and progress reporting to other researchers and industry partners
- Assist with the coordination of research activities and actively contribute to research outputs to meet project milestones
- Contribute to the definition of research directions and the preparation of research proposal submissions to funding bodies and actively seek collaboration with industry partners as appropriate
- Assist with supervision of PhD and ME research students and 4th year thesis students
- Work with the collaborating partners and associated technology transfers including attendance in partner facilities of the industry partners as required
- Participation in international conferences and/or workshops relevant to the project as required (subject to funding availability)
- Participate in regular project meetings and undertake other research and administration activities as required
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
To be successful as a Level B you will have (In addition to the above)
- More significant contribute to the project and lead areas of the project where the opportunity arises and where appropriate.
- Disseminate research results through writing of scientific papers and reports for international journals and progress reporting to other researchers and industry partners
- Independently seek and apply for external funding opportunities to grow and enhance the research project
- Create a scholarly impact in the discipline which is recognised by peers in advancement of disciplinary knowledge
- Supervision or joint supervision of PhD and ME research students and 4 th year thesis students as appropriate.
Selection Criteria for Level A
- Postgraduate degree (or soon to be rewarded) in one of the fields of Chemical, Biomedical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science Pharmacy and Biochemistry or related field
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision
- Demonstrated track record of high-quality research outputs, publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity in at least one of the fields of chemistry, materials science, electronics, optics and biochemistry
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students
- Knowledge of equal opportunity principles
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
In addition to the above, essential criteria for Level B include:
- At least three years of experience in a postdoctoral position conducting research in one of the areas of liquid metals, electronic materials, surface characterisations, plasmonics, device fabrication or biotechnology.
- Strong track record of high-quality publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to supervise postgraduate and honours students
Pre-employment checks required for this position including qualification verification.
For further information about the position, please contact:
Professor Kourosh Kalantar-zadeh - firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 1st December at 11 pm