Pratt Foundation Chair of Jewish Civilisation / Director, Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation
Location: Caulfield campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package will apply
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Be surrounded by extraordinary ideas – and the people who discover them
- Take your research further with state-of-the-art infrastructure
Monash is full of thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. So if you’ve forged a rewarding career so far, this role provides the perfect platform to join us. You’ll have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure and teaching spaces to do exciting work, along with opportunities to collaborate internationally. You’ll be part of a university that’s made up of inspirational, challenging thinkers and doers – and continue doing work that makes a lasting impact.
The Pratt Foundation Chair is a teaching and research Professorship based in the Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation. The appointee will be an outstanding academic who has excelled in undergraduate teaching and postgraduate supervision and has a highly successful record in academic research in a field of Jewish studies. The position requires proven leadership skills and attributes to direct and guide the Centre into the next phase of its strategic development. The appointee will have proven capacity to:
- Identify and act upon opportunities for advancing subject offerings within Jewish studies;
- Ensure effective interaction between the Centre’s programs and other parts of the faculty and University, particularly in relation to cooperative teaching and research activities; and
- Participate effectively in the School of Philosophical, Historical and International Studies policy-making and management process.
The Professor will have responsibility for leading and coordinating the teaching and research activities of the Centre. The Director is responsible for management of the Centre; building its teaching profile across the Faculty; building research capacity; and enhancing research performance. A key component of the role is external engagement and involvement with the Jewish community through ongoing development of the Centre’s external activities, which include an innovative and expansive public program.
The position of Pratt Foundation Chair will be underpinned by a continuing appointment as Professor.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to How to apply for a senior academic position.
Professor Christina Twomey, +61 3 9905 2182, email@example.com
Sunday 9 December 2018, 11:55 pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce