Biosafety Technology Coordinator, Faculty of Science and Engineering
2 years fixed term, full-time
$87,819 - $94,374 (G07) and 17% superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. Curtin University is a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Your new role
As the Biosafety Technology Manager, you will manage the Faculty’s responsibilities with regard to biological safety with a particular focus on the management of Building 304 and Building 206 Trace Ultra Clean Facility.
This exciting opportunity allows you to play an advisory role within the Faculty and you will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with gene technology, microbiological and quarantine legislation and facilitates audits with external regulators, liaising as necessary with all relevant stakeholders.
Your role is responsible for promoting and ensuing best practice in the handling of biohazardous materials and for ensuring accreditation requirements are met.
You will bring to this
- Qualifications in in agriculture, biology, environmental science or related field and considerable relevant experience in biosafety compliance; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Detailed knowledge and/or experience in the biosafety requirements of scientific facilities.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Australian Gene Technology, Biosecurity Act and Regulations and the Australian Standards AS2243 ‘Safety in Laboratories.’
- Thorough knowledge of and skills in the assessment of biological hazards used, generated or modified in a research and teaching environment.
- High-level interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to develop, maintain and enhance professional working relationships across a wide range of areas and organisational levels.
- Demonstrated experience and/or capacity to deliver biosafety training programs.
- Highly developed organisational skills to coordinate processes requiring the support and participation of many individuals and to manage multiple and often competing tasks.
What we offer you
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, a relocation allowance, generous superannuation, salary-packaging arrangements including childcare, and the potential to support dual-career arrangements.
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Applications close: 8 pm (AWST), Friday 23rd November 2018
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Curtin University has a bold vision to be one of the leading institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. Curtin is now entering an exciting phase as it focuses on further building its research capacity, and improving its already strong reputation for innovation in learning and teaching.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Karen Haynes, Technical Operations Manager, Faculty of Science and Engineering
Phone: 9266 2623
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Agriculture, Food & Forestry Other Professional Services jobs in Bentley
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Bentley
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Bentley
- Fixed Term Life sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Bentley
- Fixed Term Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Other Professional Services jobs in Bentley