PAVE Teacher, Occupational Therapist to teach Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistant
- Health Sciences and Community
- Provide high-quality teaching and active engagement with industry and community
- Casual teaching position, competitive hourly rate $75.27 – $78.23, Wantirna location
Swinburne’s Pathways to Vocational Education is currently hiring – As a casual PAVE Teacher - Occupational Therapist to teach Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistant
Swinburne University of Technology has a long, proud history of educating and training students for over 100 years. Swinburne focuses on providing high-quality, career-oriented education with strong links to industry and the community. Swinburne currently has over 54,000 students.
About the department
Swinburne’s Pathways to Vocational Education has five departments, which offer vocational programs at post-graduate, advanced diploma, diploma, certificate and basic vocational levels.
The Health Sciences and Community Department incorporates the following program areas:
- Early Childhood and Education
- Nursing and Health Services
- Community Services
- Laboratory Technologies and Science
- Migrant English
- General Education
About the job
The Swinburne PAVE Teacher is required to inspire, engage and educate our students for the 21st century. A PAVE teacher will implement industry best practice and apply current learning technologies and contemporary learning pedagogies.
The PAVE teacher will work collaboratively within a team of education professionals. Within this team environment, they will plan deliver, assess, evaluate and ensure compliance of high quality education and training programs.
This role requires our teachers to be able to customise and adapt our programs to meet our learners and clients’ needs that vary from certificate level through to diploma and associate degree levels.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or its successor)
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (preferable)
- Vocational experience relevant to the nominated teaching programs
- Demonstrated excellence or capacity to implement high quality teaching and assessment, using a variety of learning modes, which respond to diverse student learning needs.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Some of our excellent benefits include:
- Participate in regular staff and management development program
- Private health insurance discounts
- Discounted annual Myki cards are available to Swinburne staff
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on 'begin' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Alyce Ratsasane (Recruitment Consultant) on email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 11 pm, Sunday 11th November 2018.
For further details on How to Apply, including Hints & Tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section.