Executive Dean, Faculty of Education and Arts
- Join an internationally recognised Faculty which offers inspiring teaching programs
- Ensure excellence in teaching & learning, research & research training, and community engagement
- Full time, fixed term for 5 years based in North Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU’s mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Education and Arts hosts the National School of Education, the National School of Arts and two vibrant multidisciplinary research institutes. The Faculty is recognised nationally and internationally as a leader in teacher education, and for its rapidly rising profile in the humanities and social sciences, especially in the disciplines of history, politics and sociology. Through its research collaborations, student exchange programs and community engagement initiatives, the Faculty also has strong connections with international universities and an array of government, not-for-profit and private organisations.
The Executive Dean, Faculty of Education and Arts is expected to provide leadership within the University and externally in the field of Education and professional development. This leadership role involves advancement of the national Faculty of Education and Arts consistent with the University’s mission, strategic direction and identity as a Catholic higher education institution. The role requires the Executive Dean to motivate and communicate effectively with staff, students and external stakeholders of the University and to manage the Faculties resources to achieve the optimum outcomes for the University.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent scholarly qualifications and an internationally recognised record of academic and scholarly achievement in the education discipline
- A successful track record of senior academic leadership and university management
- Strategic leadership and operational management skills to confidently lead future success nationally
- An excellent grasp of the tertiary education sector in Australia, and sound appreciation of the demands of managing and advancing a contemporary Faculty in a rapidly changing environment.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Obtain the Position Description:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
To discuss the position please contact Professor Pauline Nugent, Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) (02) 9739 2889
Obtaining an information pack and general recruitment enquiries can be directed to David Wiltshire, Manager - Recruitment Partnering (03) 9230 8437
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers”
Closing date: 11th November at 11.55pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.