Industry Partnerships Officer
Industry Partnerships Officer
Uniquely positioned at the heart of Production Park, Europe’s leading live events production destination, Backstage Academy provides the best possible training for the booming live events sector, with fantastic industry links and state-of-the-art production facilities. Our degree courses are designed to give students the academic knowledge and hands on skills they need to enter this vibrant and fast-paced industry. Students will also get first-hand experience of a career in live events through our unrivalled placement opportunities which allow them to put theory into practice and create their own professional network that money can’t buy. At Backstage Academy, you don’t just learn it. You live it.
In this role you will be reporting directly to the Marketing & Commercial Director and will form a key part of our strategy to improve industry links with Backstage Academy.
- Position: Full-Time – 40 hours per week
- Salary: Dependent on experience.
- Location: South Kirkby, Wakefield
- Hours: 40-hour week. 8:30am to 17:30pm.
- 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Lunches Provided
- Regular Social Events
- Monthly Reward Scheme
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
Role and Responsibilities
- Account manage industry partnerships on a day-to-day basis including liaising with partner contacts and ensuring actions are executed throughout partnership lifespans.
- Manage the administration for all new and existing industry partnerships including drawing up contracts and ensuring all required documentation is created, organised and kept up to date.
- Establish, develop and maintain long standing relationships with industry partners in collaboration with the Industry Partnership Director.
- Liaise with internal staff to assess product support requirements and identify opportunities during the academic year for partner visits, masterclasses and training courses.
- Prospect for delegates for our professional training courses.
- Master and utilise the CRM/marketing automation system (Akero) to manage interactions with delegate leads for professional short courses.
- Identify marketing opportunities and contribute to marketing activities to promote short courses including copywriting and campaign ideas.
- Attend relevant industry events and networking opportunities to strengthen existing relationships and develop new ones.
- Track and analyses all relevant data and produce regular reports to demonstrate progress.
- Work closely and collaboratively with BA staff to ensure they are on board with all partnerships.
- Keep abreast of industry developments (technology, events etc.) to ensure BA stays at the forefront of the live events industry.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Industry Partnerships Director and Marketing & Commercial Director.
- Full driving licence.
- Proven track record of developing relationships in the live events industry.
- Experience in the live events industry.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Manage diary effectively and schedule appointments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of dealing directly with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Flexible approach to working, excellent time management skills.
- Strong passion for the Academy and in relation to their experiences at Backstage Academy.
- A friendly professional manner and appearance.
- Self-motivated with an ability to thrive under pressure.
- Ambitious and results orientated.
Terms of Reference: ‘Partnerships’ refers to sponsorship or partnership agreements between Backstage Academy and organisations in the live events industry which involve equipment, technology and/or expertise (e.g. masterclasses) supplied to BA to aid the student experience.
Please note that this appointment is subject to Disclosure and Barring Clearance
For further details or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.