Associate or Full Professor in Financial Accounting
About University: United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the first and foremost comprehensive national university in the United Arab Emirates. Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU aspires to become a comprehensive, research-intensive university and currently enrolls approximately 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
In its drive to achieve international research stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked #5 in the Arab World and #350 worldwide.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Job Title: Associate or Full Professor in Financial Accounting (304220)
Job Description: The College of Business and Economics at the United Arab Emirates University is searching for Professor in Financial Accounting to start in the January 2019. The search is open at the Associate or Full Professor level. Appointment at a particular level will be based on an applicant’s scholarly and teaching record. The candidate is expected to actively engage in promoting the growth of the Accounting program and the College of Business & Economics (CBE) at UAE University. The Accounting Department, within which the position is located in CBE, is reputable for excellence in accounting education and research in the UAE and within the GCC and the MENA region. It aspires to be one of the leading global centers for accounting thought. The department is the only AACSB-Accounting Accredited department in GCC and MENA region. Our undergraduate and postgraduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge necessary for navigating and providing leadership for the complex global world of business; and helps students develop the skills needed for life-long learning and for effective participation in organizations and society. Our faculty experts research a broad range of topics that provide insights into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting and society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in accounting (with emphasis on financial accounting);
- Engage in innovative and technology-based approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading internationally recognized accounting journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committee at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the College Dean.
- A PhD in Accounting from an internationally recognized university (with emphasis on financial accounting);
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching financial accounting at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Demonstrated ability to publish in leading international accounting journals;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Very good interpersonal skills. In addition to the above, professional qualification and experience in practice setting will be highly valued.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp
The application package should include a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in accounting, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instructions and communication in the CBE. The review of applications will begin on November 4, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. To ensure that your application is considered, please, apply before the application review date is advised. All enquiries about this job may be directed to the Chair of the Accounting Department, Professor Habib Mahama (email@example.com).
Minimum Qualification: PhD in Accounting
Special Instructions to Applications: Candidates should apply through the University website (https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp)
Division College of Business & Economics-(CBE)
Department Accounting - (CBE)