Associate Professor in Marketing
School of Business and Governance
- Continuous, full time position
- Associate Professor | Teaching & Research Track | $136k-$150k plus 17% superannuation
- Salary packaging opportunities
- Ref: 1545C03/202062
Murdoch seeks to shape the world through the creative force of education and research.
This position joins the School of Business and Governance as we continue to build on our collaborative partnerships and transformation into a renowned business and industry facing Business School. We seek to further integrate industry expertise and entrepreneurial thinking for delivery of innovative curriculum and learning experiences for our students across Perth and globally.
An exciting opportunity now exists for an Associate Professor in the Marketing discipline. With a strong reputation for academic excellence, the ideal candidate will lead the development and delivery of course curriculum and make a considerable contribution to the University’s teaching activities and postgraduate supervision. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate expertise in social media marketing, digital business and marketing research and analysis.
In addition, the Associate Professor will make a significant contribution to research, as well as develop and foster key links to relevant industry groups that will advance the interests of the School and the University.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD in Marketing or a cognate field relevant to appointment;
- Substantial experience in teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, and demonstrated ability to teach across a range of programs in Marketing;
- A track record of success in producing high quality independent research outputs that have international impact and influence as well as attracting external competitive research funding;
- A high level of achievement in supervising honours, Masters by Coursework, HDR students to completion;
- A record of success in innovative and high quality curriculum design and pedagogy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, and build and maintain successful relationships with external stakeholders in private and public sectors.
- Experience in academic leadership including a record of collegiate engagement across successful multidisciplinary teams.
Please refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. There has never been a better time to join us.
Position contact: Stephanie O’Neill, Human Resources Advisor, on +61 8 9360 6130 or at S.O’Neill@murdoch.edu.au.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Position Description. Here you will also find the online form to submit your application. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 16 November 2018 (11:59pm)