Associate Professor in Advanced Nanomaterials & Research Associate, Bio- Nanomaterials
- Two key positions within the Global Innovative Centre for Advanced Nanomaterials (GICAN)
- Build interdisciplinary research teams, with strong industry partnerships
- Specialised skills required in the synthesis of nanomaterials
Two positions available, senior role will provide strategy and leadership in the field of in advanced nanotechnology and nanomaterials. Level B role to conduct research on synthesis of nanomaterials for biomedical applications including drug and gene delivery, imaging and therapy of cancer.
At the University of Newcastle, our staff are curious. We think big, see opportunity and are open to ideas and ask why. We share wisdom and partner with colleagues in Australia and around the globe to create an enduring impact. And we're courageous - bold thinkers who have the confidence to take risks and to inspire change. The University has an international reputation for research excellence and we continue to build on our research strengths, engagement with industry and partnering with outstanding international universities.
The Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment is one of the leading faculties of its kind in Australia. We have achieved outstanding results in the Australian Research Council ERA research excellence ratings achieving the highest possible ratings in Civil Engineering across all three ERA assessments (2010, 2012 and 2015), and one of only two to achieve high scores in Electrical, Electronic Engineering across all three ERA assessments. Our position as one of the most highly ranked engineering faculties in Australia is recognised through our associate membership of the Group of Eight. Located in Callaghan on 140 hectares of natural bushland. We have a reputation for having one of the most naturally beautiful campuses in Australia and is 12kms from beaches and the heart of Newcastle.
Is NEW for you?
Job Ref# 3538 - Associate Professor - Advanced Nanomaterials
(Five year fixed term contract)
The Associate Professor will provide strategy and leadership in the field of in advanced nanotechnology and nanomaterials. Contributing to the University’s Global Impact Clusters, the position plays a key role in building interdisciplinary research teams, with strong industry partnerships, to develop a research agenda and research led training in this field. As a key senior member of the Centre, the role combines extensive academic expertise, practitioner knowledge and networks with national/international standing to position the Centre as a leader in this field and contributes to the delivery of the New Futures, STEMM and Faculty strategic plans.
- A doctorate in the area of chemistry, physics, material science or biomaterials. Research experience commensurate with an appointment at this level, preferentially aligned with Australian research priorities.
- An outstanding national reputation and an eminent authority within the study of choice with original, innovative and distinguished achievement in research, as evidenced by publications, reports and working with national and international institutions in collaborative research.
- Demonstrated sustained success in securing significant competitive funding from government and industry and evidence of sound financial management of these activities.
- An excellent understanding of national and international industry-focused research in the area of advanced nanomaterials and their applications in energy or environment or health.
- The remuneration is from $140,644 - $154,943 + 17% super and is commensurate with experience
Job Ref# 3505 - Research Associate, Bio- Nanomaterials
(Three year fixed term contract)
The primary purpose of this role is to conduct research on synthesis of nanomaterials including core shell mesoporous nanostructures, polymeric and magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications including drug and gene delivery, imaging and therapy of cancer to make a substantial research contribution towards the goals of the University of Newcastle and the Global Innovative Centre for Advanced Nanomaterials. This requires specialised skills in the synthesis of nanomaterials, and diagnostics and therapeutic applications of cancer and neurodegenerative diseases.
You will also have teaching responsibilities and be required to conduct tutorials in bio-nanomaterials and their applications in drug delivery for the newly established Master of Materials Science and Engineering programme and student supervision responsibilities in the field of bio-nanomaterials.
- PhD qualification (or a recent submission of a PhD) in the field of Chemical Engineering, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry, Materials Science, biomedical science or a related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of biomedical science, synthesis of non-toxic nanoparticles, and Characterization of the synthesized nanomaterials by different methods.
- Experience in the design of support materials for drug and gene delivery for cancer therapy
- Demonstrated contribution to knowledge as evidenced by scholarly publication in high-ranking refereed journals.
The remuneration is from $95,351 - $113,231 + 17% super and is commensurate with experience.
For a full job descriptions for both positions, please visit https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/job-vacancies
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
What NEW can offer?
From a flexible working environment to discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits including salary packaging. You can learn more about these at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/about-uon/jobs-at-uon/benefits-at-a-glance
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
Your next steps
Click on 'Apply for this job'. Your application will be assessed on selection criteria. Read all information about the role so you understand what is required. In addition:
- Follow all directions and complete all necessary fields of the application; and
- In your selection criteria demonstrate clearly how your skills and experience meet each point and should be a maximum of four pages.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle
- Fixed Term Life sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle
- Fixed Term Chemical Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle