Computed Tomography Technologist
Perform a variety of specialized tasks involved in the performance of CT scans.
- Perform complex specialized tasks associated with the operation of CT protocols. scanners, power injectors, and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
- Position patients for CT scans using patient positioning devices and protective equipment as necessary.
- Perform exams accurately per established protocols, policy, and patient safety standards. Assist radiologist with imaging procedures, starting IV's, and injecting contrast, if applicable.
- Assist radiologist with interventional CT procedures.
- Evaluate CT scans for technical quality, collate processed images in sequence of exposure and appropriately label.
- Film/transmit to Image Archival System.
- Schedule patients for procedures; assist with clerical functions.
- Charge procedures and supplies in EHR. Dispense and or order oral contrast to patients for CT scans.
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Provide orientation and training to new CT technologists.
- Provide care for the psychological and physical needs of patients and their families for CT scans.
- Provide education and training to student technologists.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein.
- Coordinate scheduling and patient flow
- Demonstrate proficiency in IV placement for contrast administration.
- Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy in performance of all exam
- Assist with the education and training of new physicians (interns, residents, fellows, and attending’s). If applicable.
- Assist radiologists and PhD's in developing new protocols and CT imaging techniques that are unique to facility.
- Perform CT specific technical assistance with projects assigned by supervisor including but not limited to: Team lead, R & D, protocol development, charge reconciliation and demonstration of equipment.
*DUHS offers career growth and enrichment within Imaging services.
There is a clinical ladder program with various steps and opportunities at each hospital within the health system.
Requisition Number 1401504398
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4042 CT TECHNOLOGIST
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time PRN
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Completion of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology plus completion of an accredited CT program orGraduate of a bachelor's degree program in Radiology, with two semesters of clinical rotation in CT or Completion of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology with two years of DUHS Radiology experience
- Level I Must obtain ARRT certification within one year of employment.
- Level II Minimum of two years' experience as a CT technologist.
- Level III A minimum of 4 years' experience within specialty modality in which they are seeking promotion
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
ARRT certification in Radiography CT certification within 12 months of employment BLS certification
Auto req ID